Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyteach1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Getting Records from a Closed College
    I have been out of school for over 20yrs, and I am trying to get back into the groove. I am trying to get my records from Loop City College. What should I do?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Welcome to the site!

When it comes to retrieving records I know that: Records of closed schools are filed by school name, not student. Therefore, you must know the name of the closed school whose records you want the Bureau to search.

However here is are a few threads that may help you:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...ol-123946.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/educat...ds-167060.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/univer...ed-127091.html

MRS.S
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Hi, ladyteach1!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

I do note, that you did receive one answer while your question was in Introductions.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    RPEP36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 10:40 PM

Hi, I am doing this for my boyfriend. He needs to have proof of his Associates degree which he received at Hall's Drafting Institute in Pawtucket, RI. However, he did this in the 1970's or 1980's and the school no longer exist. How does he obtain these records? He had a house fire which destroyed much of his records including proof of his Associates degree ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed college [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get a transcript from a closed college?

Business School closed, how do I get records [ 1 Answers ]

Attended a small college in Detroit in 1978/79 but never received a degree. The business closed in 1980's, I have nothing to show that I attended. Employer did search and can not locate anything. What can I do?

Opening closed adoption records [ 2 Answers ]

My father was adopted in the state of Texas, his records are sealed and I want to open them how can I do that if he is passed on?

Accessing Closed adoption records [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 38 yr with three sons of my own, and I am tired of not being able to tell them what nationality we are. I need to know how to obtain my adoption records. Does anyone know of an easy painless way to do this?

View more questions Search