Ask
    hwalker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 02:45 PM
    If pressure switch will not open, what do I need to do
    If pressure switch will not open what do I need to do
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 03:02 PM

Remove the air tube going to it and see if there is any water in the switch. You can blow threw the switch just do not use much force of you will mess it up.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 04:00 PM

hwalker, just to make sure we are on the same page, are you saying your pressure switch is stuck closed? Or will it not close? Start with Joshes advice, if no water is present, then you will have to replace the pressure switch(if indeed it is stuck closed). You may be able to unstick it by sucking and blowing lightly, but if it has stuck once, it will most likely stick again, best bet is to replace switch
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 08:53 PM

The pressure switch is a safety control and should not be assumed to be bad , proper trouble shooting may prove a different problem exists ,good luck.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 03:12 PM

hwalker, please let us know what is happening with your funace, and if you have the skills to trouble shoot it. We will try our best to help you avoid unnecessary part replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"pressure switch open with inducer on? [ 53 Answers ]

I have an intertherm propane furnace, new in 2006 we just turned propane back on for the year, and it won't light. The red light is blinking 2 times & indicates "pressure switch open with inducer on" however I have no idea what that means or how to troubleshoot to fix. It hums like always before it...

Pressure switch stuck open [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is julie and I have a goodman furnace and the red lights blinks 3 times telling me that my pressure switch is stuck open is there anything I can do? Or do I need to buy a new one

Pressure switch stuck open gibson furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gibson forced hot air furnace and a have a code that is telling me that the pressure switch is open. If I drain the water out of it it will run for a short period.. Do you think I need a new pressure switch or do I have a drainage line clogged. Model number KG6R060C-12a

The Open Pressure Switch did not close. [ 1 Answers ]

The Open Pressure Switch did not close, how can I locate the switch to resolve the problem? Also the unit is a York system.

Pressure Switch is open [ 1 Answers ]

My heater was working fine this past winter. And I even turned it on in October once and it was working fine. I live in a mobile home and have an Intertherm heater. It keeps telling me the pressure switch is open and won't turn on. I don't even know what the pressure switch is! It does the...

View more questions Search