Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 7, 2009, 09:29 AM
    A secoinf set on eyes for writing assignment
    I have aleady wrote it, I would like someone to critique it for me... the paper is suppose to explain obticle I have ovecome and what skills and tools I used to overcome them, also, how I will use these skills to succed in college

The most challenging obstacle that I have overcome was having a stroke, although I have recovered well, it took a lot of work and admittedly stubbornness. The skills and tools that I used to overcome my illness was a great therapy team and the hard work, and the support of my family and friends. Without all the support I would have never made it through. Another obstacle I had to overcome with this illness to have to admit I needed help. I could no longer do things on my own and that was a hard realization to handle but I got through and I think I came out of this a better person.
    Another challenge was leaving home to go to Job corps. It was extremely hard to leave my family and friends. I did this to improve my life skills which include: teamwork, patience and how to live with many different types of people. It was very hard at first, getting to know different people from different backgrounds and lifestyles. There were many adjustments to be made. I had to follow a strict schedule, I had to be up at a certain time, eat at a certain time and go to bed at a certain time. It kind of reminded me of the military. I believe this experience helped me with structure and how to deal with the public better. It also taught me patience which I did not have very much. I made great friends there that helped me and there were counselors also.
    I believe my ability to make friends and ask for help will play a big part in my success with Colorado University Online. I also think that being stubborn will add to my completing my degree because I never quit I have a high level of perseverance. I will use my counselor's teachers to my advantage to ask for help instead of racking my brains over something I cannot figure out. I am certain I will successfully finish my online degree with Colorado University Online. 
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:51 PM
    Hi, nitelight198073!

Overall, I think that what you've written is great! It shows that you put a lot of thought into writing it !

My suggested revisions are where the type is in RED.

I wish and hope only the best for you!

Thanks!

The most challenging obstacle that I have overcome was having a stroke. Although I have recovered well, it took a lot of work and admittedly stubbornness.
    The skills and tools that I used to overcome my illness was a great therapy team and the hard work, and the support of my family and friends. Without all the support I would have never made it.

Another obstacle I had to overcome with this illness was to be able to admit that I needed help. I could no longer do things on my own and that was a hard realization to handle. However, I got through it and I think I came out of this a better person.

An additional challenge was leaving home to go to Job corps. It was extremely hard to leave my family and friends. I did this to improve my life skills which include: teamwork, patience and how to live with many different types of people.

It was very hard at first, getting to know different people from different backgrounds and lifestyles. There were many adjustments to be made. I had to follow a strict schedule where I had to be up at a certain time, eat at a certain time and go to bed at a certain time. It kind of reminded me of the military.

I believe this experience helped me with structure and how to deal with the public better. It also taught me patience which I did not have very much. I made great friends there that helped me and there were counselors also.
    I believe my ability to make friends and ask for help will play a big part in my success with Colorado University Online. I also think that being stubborn will add to my completing my degree because I never quit due to the fact that I have a high level of perseverance. I will use my counselor's teachers to my advantage to ask for help instead of racking my brains over something I cannot figure out.

The foregoing have been reasons I am certain I will successfully finish my online degree with Colorado University Online.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 8, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Thank you so much for looking at it for me. It has been so long since I have done a writing assignment.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 09:36 PM

You're very welcome, nitelight198073!

I wish and hope only the best for you! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assignment Help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently studying Forensic Science at College in England, and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on an assignment I have as we have had very little guidance on it. The task is to review the types of energy (I believe this means kinetic, potential etc.), their...

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

Writing assignment [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not sure where to really post this,but my g/f has a writing assignment,(college) and needs to know how they deal with unwed,teenage pregnancies in India.We've searched the internet but to no avail.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks :)

My g1 assignment [ 1 Answers ]

What are your legal duties for health and safety in the work place under the health and safety act 1974? What are your legal duties for health and safety as defined by any specific legislation covering your job role? Name 3 things that you might find on an agreed workplace policy relating to...

Writing assignment [ 2 Answers ]

So I have to do a writing assignment for my accounting 201 class, and our professor didn't explain it at all. I think I know what the answer is, but it seems too easy and I wanted a second option: Surelock Homes is a private investigator. In 1960, Mrs. E. Press Lee hired Surelock to investigate...

View more questions Search