Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Apr 6, 2009, 09:29 PM
    What to wear: Prom
    Ok, so I really need some advice about what type of prom dress I should wear, embarrassingly enough, I have absolutely no clue what to look for or what will look right on me.

Description:

I'm roughly 5'7 and weigh about 120 pounds.
    I don't have an extremely dark complection, but I'm always mor tan than the other kids.
    I have obnoxiously long legs and am not extremely well developed in that I don't have very large breasts.
    Humm,
    I have Medium Brown hair and Dark brown eyes.

Thanks so much for any advice!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 09:36 PM

I envy you! It sounds like you could get away with any style and look absolutely gorgeous! Do you want a floor-length dress? Will you be doing a lot of dancing?

Apr 7, 2009, 03:02 PM

I'm thinking about a floor length dress, but I can't dance at all. It's awful. Of course, I will dance, but that's another story. I have absolutely no idea where to start looking or what stores to check out. I'm not looking to spend a fortune on a dress I'll wear once, maybe twice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by godsbabygirl267 View Post
    I'm not looking to spend a fortune on a dress I'll wear once, maybe twice.
    There are places (even libraries) that rent out gently-used prom dresses. Google "used prom dresses + your city name" (without quote marks) or call the reference dept at your public library for more info on places that rent prom dresses.

Apr 7, 2009, 03:30 PM

Ok thanks. You wouldn't happen to have any ideas as to what color I could get away with would you? Or possibly a style or cut?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Ok thanks. You wouldn't happen to have any ideas as to what color I could get away with would you? Or possibly a style or cut?
    Look at these --

Prom dresses, best 2009 prom dresses, formal and homecoming gowns
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 03:34 PM
    What color looks good on you or do you like to wear?
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 03:46 PM

Well, renting a dress is a good idea but I think that you should look in a long mirror and imagine the PERFECT dress. Then go to a store(duh) ((the cheapest place to get a dress may be ROSS but you may not want to go there)) and find the closest dress to your image, THIS WILL WORK, I know, I tried it♥

Apr 7, 2009, 03:51 PM

I like to wear black and white, green is my favorite color, blue- not quite navy but not a light color either. I don't look good in yellow I don't think.

Apr 7, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Those dresses were all very pretty, but not quite what I'm looking for. Oh! How do you figure out your dress size? I've looked up numerous sizing charts and none of them have my measurements on them. Sorry for the redundant questions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Those dresses were all very pretty, but not quite what I'm looking for. Oh! How do you figure out your dress size? I've looked up numerous sizing charts and none of them have my measurements on them. Sorry for the redundant questions.
    Do you know your size in general? Like for a blouse?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 04:02 PM

Go to a store like Kohl's or Sears and try on some dresses to figure out generally what your size is. (Different makers vary with sizes.)

Apr 7, 2009, 05:05 PM

In adult sizes I wear a Small I believe, and in Teen sizes I wear a Medium. Thanks for your help guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I might be going to prom! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am going to prom with my grade 12 boyfriend, I have the dress (its navy blue almost black, it is floor length and body hugging, the front is halter and then the back goes to tank top (doesnt show a lot of chest)). My shoes are also black. I need help with my hair, it is long, thick and...

Prom? [ 6 Answers ]

So here's the thing. I was moved up a grade due to my academic achievements So I transferred to PCHS. Why Ill never know but it was a good thing. Yeah, so this girl Haley and I have no classes together. But we sit with each other at lunch and we meet in the mornings. I would hate to lose her as a...

What should I wear for the prom? [ 12 Answers ]

So I don't know what dress colour I should wear for the next prom in July. I have a pale skin tone, chestnut brown eyes and dark brown hair. Can you suggest some suitable colours that match this description?? Please?? :confused:

Prom 1 month away! [ 3 Answers ]

Prom is in exactly one month away I'm trying to get in shape... not so much loose weight but id like to get fit and be able to dance the night awayy! It'll be nice to loose like 5 pounds along with it but I'm not so much worried about that then I am about getting in better shape, my dress is a very...

Who to ask to prom [ 1 Answers ]

I like two guys but I don't know which 1 to ask to the prom. Guy number 1 has a girlfriend and guy number 2 goes to another school, and he seems not to be up to my standards. But the thing is I don't who to ask to accompany me... do you think I should ask guy number 1 although he has a...

View more questions Search