Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Is Silverlight crap?
    I had Microsoft Silverlight on my computer when purchased, Didn't think I needed it, Uninstalled it. Yet Every friking day for months it does an unsuccessful Update Install, Been to Silverlight site, says its installed, do an update, it tells me it was unsuccessful.
    I usually ignore it, It bites, Microsoft, in My opinion is a Big Broken Machine.
    Do I need It, If I delete it, will it do an Unsuccessful for the rest of my computers life?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 04:03 PM

I've seen it; looked at the ads for it from Microsoft, and have decided I don't want it or need it (I'm a professional programmer, by the way). You might have to deliberately install it again (latest version), and then uninstall it.

I'd suggest trying the Revo uninstaller (after installing a new copy), on one of the more rigorous settings. That will clean the registry of trash associated with it also.

Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

Or delete everything (sorry, I don't know the directory where it's installed -- I never loaded it ;-)) and then run the Registry cleaner part of CCleaner several times to get rid of the registry entries for it.

CCleaner - Home
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 06:25 PM

Hey Thanks, now you see why I feel about MS as I do. What a pain, Time consuming, thanks again.
    johndoe00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 05:04 AM
    Silverlight causes problems on my machine. Its crap.
    genova Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 02:32 PM
    Certain players like sky player uses silver light, since the upgrade 2011 it has been disastrous and my sky player constantly crashes, been in touch with micro soft support team and up till 18/03/2011 not had any response (fancy)my sky player crashes all the time now to the extent I have give up. Best regards jon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive crashed - crap! [ 3 Answers ]

Ho hum... my hard drive crashed and I am not sure how to fix it. I noticed one day that my spare data drive "E" did not show up in explorer. I reboot computer, its still not there. Then next day computer is emitting loud buzzing sound, like the fan bearings are broke or something. I boot...

Holy Crap, I'm going to be a Dad. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a recently separated (a few months), newly (found out Monday) frightened dad to be. I've never been so scared in my life because the person carrying my child is not my soon to be ex-wife. It's not that the person who is carrying my child isn't the most amazing woman I've ever met... it's that...

Crap telephone conversations [ 4 Answers ]

Now this may seem daft, my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, get on very well when we are together, I see him 5 nights a week, on the nights I don't see him he calls me but we hardly ever have anything to say, I struggle to get conversation out of him as he has never been one for...

Okay, so I tore the crap out of my basement floor... [ 5 Answers ]

... to rough-in for the bathroom I'm putting in. my questions are this: 1) Do I have to use Cast or can I use PVC for the stuff I'm putting in? 2) With the layout and location of things, it's going to end up where my bathroom sink and wall will be directly over the main line in the floor. ...

View more questions Search