Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    only4beauty Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Can I go back to my hi-lites
    Please help!!
    Before going to the salon 4 days ago, I had nice blond hi lites on my brown hair (been doing it for +5 yrs) I got to the point where my whole hair was light, no contrast, except for my 1 inch roots. So I wanted a change, and wanted to get a darker hair with caramel hi lites.
    Somehow, after $290 at a hight reputation trendy salon, I ended with a warm brown with almost invisible hi lites. Only one is visible, quite chunky on my left side.
    Bottom line, she did a horrible job, I spent a lot of money, and also realized dark is NOT for me (nobody likes it on me) I'm so pissed and sad because I looked nice blonde, plus I have bouncy funky curls... and when it s dark, it' s doing nothing for me.

Do you think I can go back to hi lites? I have an apointment with her on Wednesday so she can fix it, but she said something about "toner"... will that be a solution to this horible brown disaster?
    I used to be hot... now I look boring with brown hair!!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 10, 2006, 09:51 PM
    You should go back to the salon and have them correct the color. If you want blonde highlights, tell the hairstylist to change it to blonde. She will probably attempt to use a high lift hair color to give you blonde highlights.

Sep 11, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Thanks for your reply Prettylady.

So you think she can use the foils again on my hair? After they where blond, they got colored with brown then put toner on it.
    I really want her to do hi lites but think she's going to only want to play with the toner.
    -

Sep 11, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Yes, she's going to use the foil method, but I don't think that she will do a double process (bleaching and toning). She might use a 30 or 40 volume hair color to lift the brown to a blonde shade. I know you've paid a lot of money to get your hair done, make sure that she gives you the color that you desire. Sometimes hairstylists don't listen to their clients and do things their way... which doesn't always work.

Sep 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Thanks Pretty, that helps a lot and gives me hope. :)
    -

Sep 11, 2006, 07:05 PM
    You're welcome. Just tell the stylist that you are not happy with the brown highlights, I'm sure that she will fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Help! I want him back! [ 4 Answers ]

Well I dated this wonderful guy for two years (I'm 19). We were wonderful together, like best friends and all. The last month though we got on eachothers nerve and I broke it off almost two weeks ago, but he didn't want to so he told me to think about it and I did. One day later I went to see him...

How To Get Him Back [ 9 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with this guy for a year and a month, and he decided he needs a break. He still loves me he just doesn't know if he wants to be single, and he doesn't want to have a doubt in his mind that he wants to be with me. The thing is, he's expecting me to wait for a couple of...

The best pay back [ 8 Answers ]

The best way to get back at an ex for dumping you is to keep your dignity. When they break the news to you, remain calm and never create a scene. Walk away with your head high. Usually when they dump you, the last thing they remember is the scene you created (crying, begging, violence stalking,...

View more questions Search