Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    772louis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Central Air, Handler Fan will not turn without a helping push
    I have a Lennox, 10 year old central air unit in my condo. The Air Handler Fan is not turning on as it's supposed to. I opened the unit and gave the fan a spin, and then it worked fine but still will not start on its own. I put the fan on manual and just letting it run, and that's keeping the house cool, but I'd like to get the fan to shut down like its meant to. I'm hoping a relay or something simple like that.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 07:21 AM

It could be the compasitor, that is what is used to start the motor
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 07:23 AM
    They are cheep to try only around $5 for a new one, it is a little silver oval thing with two wires hooked to it. On the side of it will say the uf or mfd you will probably need a 5, or a 7.5

Apr 6, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Thanks, sounds like what I was hoping to hear, I'll try it and let you know
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 07:34 AM

Make sure, to turn the power of to the unit and then to short out the 2 terminals with the on the compassitor it will hold a charge with the power off

Apr 7, 2009, 05:07 PM
    That was the problem, working fine again. Really appreciate the help, Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 05:14 PM

No problem glad I could help!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air cond air handler doesn't come on but compressor does. [ 98 Answers ]

If I don't turn the central air on in the morning, when the attic is cooler, the air handler won't come on but the compressor outside fires up. At night when the attic cools down, the air handler will work. I have replaced the T-Stat but that didn't help. Today, I put the fan on first, and it...

Fan will not turn on central air conditioner [ 10 Answers ]

My central air fan will not turn on I had my capacitor check and it is OK I have another big thing that look like a big capacitor but it wires do not go to the fan I took it off to check it to but it is Sunday. I also took the fan off and was going to have it check on Monday. The air conditioner is...

Heat blower does not turn - Air Handler does not turn on for heat [ 7 Answers ]

I have an Energy Kinetics System 2000 boiler. It is hooked up to two different zones (two different air handlers). Zone 1 (main house) when turned on at the thermostat clicks and calls for heat, the boiler starts for a bit but the fan/blower never kicks on. Zone 2 (master bedroom) works just...

My a/c runs when I turn it on but my air handler does not come on. [ 1 Answers ]

My a/c runs but my air handler does not come on. I checked the breakers on the breaker panel and they are not tripped. The house is about 5 years old. Eric

Central Air doesn't turn on. [ 5 Answers ]

My central air isn't kicking on and before I have someone come out to look, id like to make sure its not something simple. This started two days ago. I went to switch the thermostat (simple comfort 2001) over to cool and nothing happened, a few minutes later the display went dim. I thought I...

View more questions Search