Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bah2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Child on birth certificate but not the father
    I'm getting a divorce and I have a child and my husbands name is on the birth certificate but he is not the biological father. Can I have his name removed from the birth certificate and is he still responsible for child support?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 07:16 AM

He might not be the biological father but he is the legal father and as far as all of that goes, its actually MORE important.

You may not be able to have him removed from the birth certificate and if you did, no, he would no longer be responsible for child support.

How old is the child and what state do you live in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father name to child birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?

Father not named on child birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My Daughters biological father's name is not on her birth certificate, he has just started paying maintenance after 10 yrs... I am in the process of getting my daughter's surname changed to my married name... Does her biological father have any right to appose this, he does not have parental...

Child support when father is not on the birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to obtain child support when the father is not on the birth certificate? I have a dna test that proves he is the father. It is a test that will stand up in court. I am trying to avoid attorney fees and just go through child enforcement agency.

Does a Father have a right to last name on Child Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Does a father have a right to have his last name as his child's last name on the child's Birth Certificate in the State of Georgia?

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search