Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjxstacey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 03:11 AM
    CCTV Cableing using adt cameras
    Hi guy's I have a ADT CCTV standalone DVR system... no from the dvr bnc connectors go into a conkit9 converter which converts the signal to to RJ-11 Modular plugs going from one end to the other where the camera is at the end where the camera is is a male RJ-11 plug which plug's into a RJ-11 female, then it is split from there to a DC power plug and a BNC plug which powers and sends video, now I need to extend the cableing about another 6 ft do I use cat 5 wiring to do this, it says on the wiring itself it's a AWM wire low voltage computer cable what is that and where can I get some... please help...
    cestech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 02:46 AM
    I have just installed one of these systems, to extend the cable you can use cat 5e, we were able to do this at 150-200 ft. with no interference or video loss. Make sure you crimp the ends the same color scheme on both sides, or in your case one side needs to be a female connector (just a female rj11 or rj45 jack will work). Or you can just use cat 5 from the camera to the dvr or quad unit or whatever you connecting to, omitting the smaller cable.

:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CCTV shoplifting [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have taken something from a shop where there is a sign saying cctv recorded . I want to return the item as the shop is inside where I work and am feeling guilty and frightened in case they recognise me. How can I retun the item

Ticket Cameras [ 9 Answers ]

I recently got flashed by a ticket camera. I have never gotten a ticket in my life, never even been pulled over for anything. The speed zone was 55, I was driving around 50-55 with two witnesses to confirm this statement as I had cruise control on. First off what can, might or will happen. Will...

Lenses and cameras [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know if the lenses you have will fit a camera you want to buy. I have a 35mm Canon Rebel Ti and lenses 35-80mm and a 80-200mm I am interested in investing in a Canon Rebel XTi digital camera, but want to keep my lenses... how can you tell if the lenses I have will fit the Rebel...

Do speed cameras get you from behind? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I was driving and I was going about 63 at the if that and this light shined above me in front of me for about 3 seconds and then it stopped and didn't go through any red light. I was told that speed cameras only get you from behind, is this true or utter bull?

Viewing Of CCTV System Over The Internet [ 1 Answers ]

]I have a client that has 2 boodband connections (ADSL) and running Microsoft Windows XP on both sides. I need to find out what The best way would be to connect and view his CCTV system remotely.

View more questions Search