Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin
    Hello Everyone,
    I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are disappearing.
    I've been using a triple antibiotic ointment like Neosporin.
    I wash my face at night with a washcloth (using the bar of soap I wash my body with - this week "Zest" was the lucky soap on sale) and use a toner (witch Hazel) to wipe off any left behind dirt/make-up, then I put a small amount of ointment on pimples (very small amount) and on other problem areas of my face that didn't necessarily have pimples.
    I was amazed at the amount of healing that took place during the first night.
    I followed the above before applying my make-up in the morning and have been doing this for a week. The results have been fantastic!
    Kae
    pinklady Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Hello there Kae.
    It's wonderful that you found a product that works for you, I can't tell you how much I've spent on 'miracle creams'. I have mild acne and after searching for a product to help with acne scars I settled upon a product called laserfade, however in the same area I do have the occasional breakout and am interested about your method. I have been on various antibiotics over the last 18 months but finally decided to quit because a) they weren't working anymore and b) because I didn't want my body filled with antibiotics all the time! I have recently started to have fruit smoothies to help my skin and have found various recipes on the net but I was wondering if the item you were using is Neosporin or perhaps a similar brand. I ask this because I am interested to try it and wanted to get the selection right. A response would be greatly appreciated, thank you
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Hey,
    I was using any triple antibiotic ointment Neosporin or generic, but since I posted this, I came across Neosporin cream - it's working so much better for me because I don't have to worry about the ointment clogging any pores surrounding the pimple.
    I haven't found a generic brand cream, and not every place has it. You may have to go to a few pharmacies before you come across the cream. I think I found mine at CVS. If not, any generic brand ointment will do.
    Good luck
    lottomayo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Wouldn't a triple antibiotic ointment just clog your pours more cause it's oily? I use it on my nose cause it's really dry and it stops me from getting White heads. But my blackheads have been getting worse :/
    Anyone have anybetter ideas?
    ArielDaMerman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 08:27 PM
    Comment on AKaeTrue's post
    Thanks Kae! What an ingenious and inexpensive way of treating acne. Being a chef, my facial skin is constantly battered by dirt, food, and oil. My acne isn't terribly bad but will have bad bouts during stressful busy times of the year.
    ArielDaMerman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 08:31 PM
    Comment on AKaeTrue's post
    A little off topic (OK, quite a bit off topic), you answered a question about the Ebook "Sit Stay Fetch" I found here on Ask Me. You offered to share the PDF of it as well as the book "Teach Your Dog 100 Words." Do you still have those available?
    i_love_you_NOT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 10:16 PM
    I get randon pimples around my chin. They usually come one at a time. But, they're very visible and extremely annoying because just as one is disappearing, another one is resurfacing on the other side of my chin. I would wash my face with a brand face soup, then wipe a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol over the affected area. Finally, I would apply calomine lotion (the pink kind) over the pimple or affected area before bed. This would dry up the pimple, but it wouldn't make it go away. After three days of desperately attempting this method, I came across a generic brand of Triple Antibiotic Ointment in my medicine cabinet and applied a dab on the now dried but irritated pimple. In the morning, I was amazed to find that the swelling had disappeared overnight. Then, the pimple's head fell off as I washed my face with facial scrub. I still had a small scab where the pimple's head was, but now I was able to cover it up with a light amount of make-up. No bumps, no redness. I was very pleased.

Tonight, I washed my face with face soup and applied a thin layer of Triple Antibiotic Ointment around my chin. I don't currently have any pimples on my chin, but with the pattern that my face has developed, I am sure to expect one soon. If this ointment can help prevent these pimples from coming back, then I will be one happy gal.

My question is: If this ointment works so great on pimples, why haven't I heard of many others using this same trick? Is this a safe method?

I'll update tomorrow with my new results.

Also, one other issue that I am currently experiencing is white heads. I used to just get them on my forehead, but now, they're all over my face! They're very small and clear so they're not that visible unless you're very close to my face. But, since they're bumps, make-up doesn't really cover them. I have a lot of those around my chin now. A doctor once told me that your chin in the most hormonal part of your face. I guess that's why mine is so problematic.

How do you get rid of white heads?
    mymrbig95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Does anyone have chest or back acne? I am trying witch hazel to cleanse the skin, and then putting triple antibiotic on the blemishes. I really hate waiting to get into the dermatologist. So I am trying to find something OTC that works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Skin acne [ 9 Answers ]

Are there any herbal supplements you can take to clear up skin acne. I'm almost 24 and still breaking out like crazy!

Treating a skunk problem [ 1 Answers ]

We've got several skunks in our apt community. They burrow under the porches. We've tried a variety of things but it is a big battle. I've gone so far as to flood the holes with water in the daytime - thinking I've drowned anything down there - and cemented in the hole, but within a few days...

Treating Vomiting Dog at home [ 5 Answers ]

My one-year old Brittany has been through the intestinal blockage route and survived, barely. Three months later he is vomiting stomach bile with a bit of grass and refusing food. Normally he will eat your arm if you don't put the food down quickly enough, so this is significant. I found that he...

Accident prone [ 1 Answers ]

My husband have taken in our 2 grandchildren ages 6 and 8 last December. It has been stressful but, we seem to be getting established with the children living w/ us. It's is very difficult and tiring at our ages , I am 53 and my hubby 62. But, my question is that after 6 months having these kids...

View more questions Search