Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROCK6ON Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 09:50 PM
    Ares God of War
    Was Ares the God of War right handed, left handed or both?
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 10:01 AM

Right handed according to pictures because he had a shield
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Apr 19, 2009, 01:37 PM

As a God it was probably his choice on what hand he used predominately. As for the pictures, they were drawn or created by humans. The majority of humans in the world are right handed so of course the pic would have Ares as a right handed God.
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 07:39 PM

Well it doesn't matter in fiction, so I estimated by Greek descriptions and ancient statues and pictures. Because Greeks created them and saw them in particular way, yet there is no wrong no right, even if you put horns on his head still will add up to fantasy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 07:44 PM

Right-handed.

In Latin (Ares was called Mars), the word for left is sinister, from which our word "sinister" is derived, while the word for right is dexter from which we get dextrous, skillful. In Greek, skaios means both left-handed and ill-omened or awkward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ares god of war [ 3 Answers ]

What myths was ares in? And what are his contributions to modern society

Firefox and Ares Connection [ 1 Answers ]

In the last two months, I have had two very strange problems. The first one is with Firefox, for no apparent reason, it stopped working. Well it runs, it works, but I can't connect to the internet at at all. The strange thing is that Internet Explorer works fine. So I have been using Explorer for a...

Greek myth about Ares for school project [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine is currently working on a school project involving Greek myths. He is supposed to choose a Greek god and a corresponding myth and do a presentation and skit. He has chosen Ares, and needs recommendations for a (school appropriate) myth to use. Any ideas?

Ares God of War [ 1 Answers ]

What is the myth of Ares?

View more questions Search