Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sk_launch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Reporting stimulus income on 1040
    Dear Tax expert,

Do we need to report last year's stimulus cheque ( received in approx July - aug 2008) on 1040 for 2008. If yes then where should it be mentioned on the form.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Sk
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Negative; that payment is tax-exempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filed 1040EZ instead 1040 NREZ-The stimulus package? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I realized that I filed the wrong tax return last year 1040EZ instead of 1040NREZ. I am filling an amended report and now, I don't know where to find information were to return the stimulus package that I received (600$). A friend filed my taxes and I just realize that he used the wrong...

Reporting Foreign Income [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in Canada for 2 1/2 months and do not qualify for the exclusions. I do have the Canadian equivalent to a W-2 (T4) I think. How or where do I report this income?

1040 NREZ stimulus? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student from India on F1 visa. Recently, I had some questions on taxes and contacted H&R block, and they said I could file a resident tax filing even though I have been here for only 4.5 years. Also, they said students are also entitled to get the stimulus package(of last year). I did...

Reporting royalty (oil & gas) income [ 1 Answers ]

My children (teenagers) each received about $55 in royalty income for 2008. Will this income have to be reported on their separate returns? Is there a minimum amount they can get without having to report it? Thanks for your help!

No tax stimulus check for low income? [ 3 Answers ]

My son earned approximately $2500 from his own business and $2500 from rental income with a total income of less than $6000. IRS said he is not eligible for any tax stimulus check. Can you explain why? A low income person would certainly spend it as they indicate they want to stimulate the economy....

View more questions Search