Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjbnaplesrental Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 08:26 PM
    What is a street el and when do you use it?
    I'm sodering copper tubing and have a street el and regular 90 degree elbows. What should I use?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 5, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Use the regular 90s unless you get into a tight spot or need to offset the pipe an inch or less. You could also use street 90s to connect directly into a shower valve or a shutoff as that can reduce the number of joints to solder...

What exactly are you soldering for? Is this a repair or a new install?

Let us know..

MARK
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 5, 2009, 06:37 AM
    A Street Ell has one hub end and none spigot end,(see image). They are used in tight areas and to reduce the number of joints in drainage and to connect tub and shower valve supplies in water pipe. Cheers, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will this be a one way street to nowhere? [ 3 Answers ]

Did I do the right thing? I was in a relationship with this girl for 4yrs. And I knew that she was seeing someone else near the end. She told me before hand that she moved on but didn't really tell me that she was in a relationship until I found through her friendslist on Facebook. I had to...

Street lights [ 25 Answers ]

I have heard of this before. I often put out street lights when I get close to them. I have one in front of my driveway and I put this one out all the time, when I go out on my front porch. There are several I put out when I drive past them. I have researched this and found that several people can...

Street el [ 2 Answers ]

Why is a street el called a street el?

View more questions Search