Apr 4, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Best cigar
    What is the best cigar on the market ?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 06:45 PM

Well it depends on a lot of things.

Flavor, Shell, Draw Level. It depemds.

Mine is the Perdomo Lot23. They are a 50 gauge cigar that comes in three different lengths. 5, 6 & 7". The 7" is the Churchill.
    It's a medium to full body with a loose draw and rounf flavor.

It's nice for like $8-12

Rick
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

May 2, 2009, 08:53 PM

Here is a link to a good reference for good cigars: Cigar Aficionado | Top 25 | 2008

One of the issues in America is availability. IT student makes a great point about the facets of cigars and what you particularly like. My tastes and likes change with what I am drinking or doing at the time. Yard Work, grilling, sporting, etc.. If you have access to Cubans, then the Boliver mentioned in the above site is great. If you need a nice gift, then the Montecristo #2 is the one.
    Check with your local retailer for Dominican or Nicaraguan products that are very good.
    Networking Expert

May 3, 2009, 09:24 AM

Yeah, the best idea is to go to a local Tobacco shop. They can defintely help you there.

dawgsnkats: NICE LINK

Rick
    perogiesmovie Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2009, 02:05 AM
    OK Ok OK Call me old fashion if you want but for me Cohiba (cuba) are the best cigars on the market, and Montecristo too. I love the taste of cuban tobacco leaf and if you can put some money on a cigar then you should put it on a really good cigar.. if you want to try montecristo then you should buy a package called Montecristo Selection it's 63 $ for 8 different cigars one word : marvelous.

But as I told you for me cohiba are better and of course the prices are a little bit higher. My fav. Are the Cohiba Esplendidos but it's almost 30$ per cigar...

Hi I'm old so I don't need to worry about my health but kids you should worry about yours.
    Networking Expert

May 18, 2009, 04:21 PM

We can sit here and list our favorites all day but it's doing you no good. What you have to come to deal with is what you like when you smoke.

The strength, the draw level the price. If you'er not a big smoker then you will go light in areas where we may not. I; for instance, love loose draw cigars but medium to full bodiy flavor. I hate puffin the crap out of it, I like it to be loose and easy but I like tasteing something.

But once again it boils down to personal preference!

Rick
    perogiesmovie Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2009, 01:26 AM
    Howdy,
    I think rick is right, tell us what you like and we'll tell you what you are and what you like
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Oct 28, 2009, 12:10 PM

To each his or her own if you want someone to tell you what is the best then why bother smoking it at all. Fine food, spirits and tobacco are to be enjoyed and each person needs to find what suits their taste. Personally I like a dark wrapper and a flavor that is just as subtle as a club with spikes sticking out I like a cigar that wakes me up I like the delicate tones in bourbon but in cigars I like BIG FLAVOR. I realize most do not. First fins what type of flavor type you lke then try some cigars in that style if you are lucky you will never find the "Best" and you will be happy searching for years.
    rdtour Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 05:03 PM

I've found that some of the "greats" are for guys that have toasted their taste buds on cigars for so long that they need the extra peppery sticks (cigars).
    I've been on a Padilla kick. And a surprising stick I like is the Man O War Ruination (very strong but not peppery). Lots of different flavors as you burn through it. Only problem is, is that is a cigars international exclusive. So some afficianodos poo poo those types of cigars.
    camaysar Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2010, 08:43 PM

If you are new to cigar smoking, start with something mild. Cuba is not the only country that makes fine cigars! Dominican cigars can be wonderful. My favorite mild, affordable Dominican cigar is La Habanera. Dominican Monte Cristos are more expensive and stronger, but great.

If I were you, I'd just go to a cigar shop and start sampling, and make your own discoveries.
    lakota4040 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 02:51 PM

Try Upmans

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergies after a cigar [ 7 Answers ]

I don't like to be @ smokers but when I drink alcohol I tend to crave and smoke a cigar. The moment I feel relax smoking the cigar, I get allergies from hell. I may be answering my own question by not smoking but, why does my ammune system crash during and the next day as if I'm going through a...

Close again but still no cigar [ 6 Answers ]

It happens every few weeks and always the same way... I'll be on top, getting pretty fast here, orgasm approaching, faster, I can feel it its right there and I always get so excited because I STILL haven't had an orgasm after 7 partners, long loving relationships where I feel totally comfortable, I...

Cigar sizes [ 1 Answers ]

What is the gauge sizes on cigars is the higher the number the thinner the cigar or is it the lower the number:confused:

View more questions Search