Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Apr 4, 2009, 08:48 AM
    IE showing as more than one process
    I've just recently upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. Well not only does it take 50 bazillion years for IE to display my home page when its first opened, but iexplore.exe is listed twice in task manager with each using a different amount of memory.

This is without having any extra tabs open at all

If I shut down the process that is using the least memory, it causes the browser to close and both the iexplore.exe to end

But, if I shut down the process that is using the most memory, the browser stays open and another iexplore.exe pops up in its place.

Idk whats going on, but its weird. I'm kind of afraid to use IE right now but It works best on some sites than FF does.

And in case anyone asks this post was made using Firefox.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 09:34 AM

I dislike the 8 version and deleted it from my computer and reloaded version 7 instead. #8 uses way too much memory and also changes a lot of other settings for other Microsoft programs. And yes, it does take forever for pages to load - that's why I ditched the sucker.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 12:20 PM

Personally would go to add/remove programs and uninstall it as obviously having some issue there, as opposed to fight it, unistall it and when uninstalled, you will have IE7 back when rebooted after uninstall

Just my thoughts
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetamine View Post
    iexplore.exe is listed twice in task manager with each using a different amount of memory.
    Mine does the same thing. I think it's built-in.

I use FireFox, too.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Apr 4, 2009, 08:12 PM

All right guys. Thanks. I hope they will still provide support for IE 7 for a while then.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 08:53 PM

They? MS - sure they will as many people will not go with ie8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spa showing hi-li? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Vita Spa that is showning hi-li in the digital pad? The jets still run, but what is this? Thanks.

How come I am not showing yet? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 weeks pregnant and not showing at all!I feel like I'm never going to pop out? Is this normal and when am I supposed to get my little baby bump? I'm worried that I'm not even showing a little bit. When should I be getting a little bigger?

Showing already? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first, my regular clothes did not become tight until I was like 5 months pregnant, and I did not show until 6 months. This time I find that my clothes are already getting tighter, I have not gained any weight. I know they say you show sooner with...

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

DVD/rw' not showing [ 2 Answers ]

Two DVD rw's One of them not showing (Win XP Pro)

View more questions Search