Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quietman18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Water is coming out of the overflow pipe
    The overflow pipe which, I presume, comes out of a tank in the attic is letting water out intermitently. The pipe comes out from above my bedroom window, below the roof.

What could be the cause of the problem ?

Thanks in anticipation.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 9, 2006, 02:24 PM
    There should be a float ball valve like the one in your toilet that shuts off the flow. This valve needs to be adjusted to where the water shuts off before it gets to the top of the tank Hope this helps, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 16, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Try bending the rod holding the float ball down. The farther down it's bent the lower the level. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Air bubbles coming from toilet... overflow on flush, occasionally empties and... [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a modern condomiunim. My unit is next to the laundry room (wondering if that's relevant due to the washers). Occasionally, the toilet gets air bubbles for about a minute. If I try to flush during this period, the toilet just overflows and the water doesn't empty. I tried using a...

Clogged laundry basin, overflow pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've had problems with laundry sink(basement) we have the washer draining in it and it's overflowed several times. I tried to snake the overflow pipe but I believe there is a solid dirt plug, my guess is maybe tree roots or something. Also there is limited working space because of cabinets...

AC is draining out of the overflow pipe [ 4 Answers ]

What would cause my AC to drained out of the overflow pipe?

Overflow pipe extension? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a gravity fed low pressure hot water cylinder. I have attached a new supply tank to the house further up the hill. It has a 1.1/4 inch pipe running from it, our pressure is much better all over now, but we have the problem of water coming out the top of the hotwater over flow pipe, due...

Smell coming up sink drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have read the info on smelly sink but I think this case is slightly different. There is a black smelly sludge evident on the outside gulley trap which I have now cleared. But this evil sludge is coming from the plastic pipe joining sink to gulley. I am unable to get right through the pipe to...

View more questions Search