Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiousames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 01:21 AM
    Should you encourage your friend to get out of a bad marriage or let her handle it?
    I have a friend who is in a bad marriage. I have talked to her about what I think since she was asking me for advice. I feel that in some way, I overstepped my boundary.
    You don't want to make your friend angry at you by her thinking you are trying to split them up. What should you do?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 4, 2009, 01:59 AM

This can be a very sticky situation, and it would likely also depend if you are a male or a female friend. It's hard to say the best thing to do with so little info.

I would tell her that although you really don't want to interfere, you don't want to see her unhappy or taken advantage of, because you value her as a friend. Also tell her that no matter what decision she makes, you will always be there for her if she needs you, but if she needs you to back off a little, that you will abide by her wishes.

Now this is unless she isn't in any imminent danger of any kind. If she's in danger, then you just might have to risk your friendship to try and get her out, because that would be a dealbreaker!

Again, with so little info, it is hard to give any specific advice to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re-install Moen single handle shower handle [ 12 Answers ]

My Moen shower handle came off. I see there is a set screw at the bottom of it. The handle attaches to a plastic piece; however, you have to pull out the plastic piece from the wall to get the handle to fit over the plastic and to give the set screw something to set into. How do I pull out...

How to encourage an employee to provide back up with expense reports [ 3 Answers ]

How would you properly encourage an employee to provide back up with their expense reports when they let anyone and everyone use their company credit card?

How can I encourage my boyfriend to be more active and fit? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a generally healthy lifestyle. I read fitness and health articles and I live by them. My boyfriend however, is 5'11", 225 lbs. Not too bad, but not good either. He has irregular eating patterns where he starves himself at work, and gorges at home. He works a regular 8-5 job outdoors as a...

Is there any good ways or means by which I can encourage my budgies to mate? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I'm new here and I want to ask a question about budgerigar birds (budgies) , I have kept birds since I was a child I have kept budgies for a long time.. the first 2 pairs I got mated very fast and laid eggs and chicks hatched and were very very well reaching adulthood... about 2 years ago I...

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

View more questions Search