Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathkrle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 12:10 AM
    Realestate Landcontract
    I have a rental, with a mortgage

I would like to sell it to my son on a Land contract.

Should I set this up as an LLC first, under a different name?

I can I sell it to him for $1000.00, he takes over the payments?

Would he qualify for the new tax credit that is out there for new first time buyers?

Could he keep it rented out as well?

Would I also need a quick claim deed?

He does not have good credit.

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:31 AM

Hello k:

You're going to need the services of a real estate attorney...

If you do it WRONG, the bank will call in your loan.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 07:22 AM

First no, since he has not "bought" the house no tax credit, no transfer of deed, the house is not actually bought till the transfer on a contract for deed.

You could in theroy, sell it to the LLC on a contract for deed, which would then sell it to him on a contract for deed. But since he could not hold you liable personally if you refused latter to do the deed, it would not be a legally smart thing for the buyer to do.

You need to just sell it to him on a contract for deed personally, or have the LLC get a new mortgage to buy the property.

The issue of a LLC for a sale between family is a large red flag of some issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewing a landcontract [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in a two year landcontract. I would like to extend the terms for an additional two years until I graduate from college. Is this legally possible and what should I do? Thank you.

Roomate/ realestate law [ 6 Answers ]

I want to kick my roommate out and need advice. She has not paid all of augusts rent yet and none of September. I also know she is dealing drugs and things are disappearing. I need her out immediately. With her not being on the lease and making me feel unsafe how much notice do I have to give her?...

Realestate ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is a h o e a

Realestate law [ 3 Answers ]

I just received a notice telling me I have a lean on my house... what does this mean?

Slump in Realestate Market how to negoiate a realestate deal on new house [ 4 Answers ]

Want to purchase a new house which has constructed already which is a year old never Bought by anyone, A realestate is listing the house, however since the realestate market Is in a slump. Want to know the best way to negoiate a good price without paying the fulling asking price for it which...

View more questions Search