Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkig101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Dating a co worker?
    Soo I guess I just need some advice.. I have a co worked I have had my eye on for a while. He seems to be intrested to from what I see. I guess what I'm asking is what are the does and donts to asking out a co worker? How do you make it not aqward when you still have to see them if it's a no.
    ayowb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 05:34 AM
    Hay buddy 1st thing to do is to get really colse to hear and thing start make fun conversion around and then ask hear that way... hay we should hang out you have a time ? Then if she is with you she going to said okay remember let hear pick a time don't screw it up she may be busy or something,, then ask hear where you want to go... best choice is fun land don't know what you called,, anyway,, she may be the type witch love having fun,, or dinner in some good,, you ask here that way,, hay there is some good place in... ) and after the chatting you touch hear hair and look trow hear eye don't move your sight from hear eye till she get high smiling is important so have nice smile then move on with the 1st kiss and she is yours
    Wish you luck buddy
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

Apr 4, 2009, 05:50 PM

Do's and Don'ts of dating a co-worker? If it is not against the policy of your employer, then it should be fine.

I'm dating someone now who works in the same building so I can relate to your question.

Think of the consequences of each scenario:

1. He says no. If you can hold your head up and go back to work without it affecting your job performance, then go for it. It may be awkward, but just be yourself, act the same as you normally would. I think the awkwardness would pass.

2. He says yes and you date and it doesn't work out. Can you handle the gossip at the water cooler? Can you handle having to see him? Would it affect your job or his?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 09:21 PM

There's the short way of going around this. Just go for it. If she rejects you, then you can stop thinking about it before too much is committed and it shouldn't affect your work, because you guys weren't that close. If she likes you, then one of you try to find another job to avoid conflict of interest.

Then there's the long way, become friends first. Then if you ask her out and she rejects you, at least you guys can go back to being friends and the tension is out. If she likes you, then you still have to find another job.
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 6, 2009, 08:36 AM

First of all, make sure that inter-office relationships are something your employer allows.

I think hanging out after work is the first step. You don't have to call it a 'date'. Go to a movie together, even go to lunch together. But if he is willing to hang out after work with you, you can get to know each other better, and form a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating lots of people or dating only one? [ 17 Answers ]

Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

I like my co-worker but she has a boyfriend! What do I do? [ 86 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged All right, recently I've been wondering what is going on at work. See I'm in my 20s, and this female co-worker is 4 years older than me. While we are at work together, she seems to flirt with the other co-workers and myself. After work, we sometimes text/call each...

Tax for h1b worker [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I got the H1B visa. I am married with one kid. I would like to know my tax liabilities. My yearly income is $60000. Regards, md_77

View more questions Search