Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oceangurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 12:43 PM
    I have a Dell inspirion laptop, can I use a card for wireless connection ?
    Hi, I have a Dell inspirion laptop and am looking for a way to surf the net. I also have a router but do not know how to hook it up and am missing a certain cable. I would like to know if my Dell would support a wireless card like a D-link and I could use that to connect to the world wide web and go from room to room, I also have a hewlit packard desktop. Any information would be welcomed, thanks in advance...
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 01:04 PM

You may have built in wireless.
    The Router needs to be wireless.
    Your computer should support most wireless cards. You need a phone line cord from DSL jack to modem, network cable from modem to wireless router, and a network cable for setup of your router.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Inspirion Laptop PP2.3LB [ 6 Answers ]

Please tell me how to unlock my laptop keyboard. Don't know how I locked it!

Unlock Laptop Keyboard on Dell Inspirion [ 2 Answers ]

My keyboard is locked. How do I unlock it?

Wireless connection on laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem now I have a toshiba satellite a65 and everything was working fine including the wireless internet until I rebooted it with a 2002 hp home edititon cd then now I can't access wireless internet beacause the is no such icon now no wireless connection no nothing I don't know what to...

Dell Laptop won't connect to wireless [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dell inspirion 1501 and I have had it since last christmas and the internet isn't working on it... I don't use cable I use the wireless from Time Warner and anyway my PC works but my laptop just won't connect Please HELP

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...

View more questions Search