Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jyrraz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 07:39 AM
    90's anime series
    Hello

I am looking for an anime series that I used to watch as a kid in the early 90's. It is about a little girl who is either an orphan or just abandoned by her parents, who grows up in an orphanage/foster home. However, the lady who runs the home is really mean and mistreats the poor little girl by having her do lots of work. Instead of having a room like all the other children, the little girl has her own 'room' up in the dusty attic. Unfortunately, I can't remember any particular plot elements, but the series basically focuses how this little girl tries to get by in this harsh environment.
    I tagged this thread as 90's, because that was when I used to watch it, but the series might as well been created in the 80's or 70's because it had a rather old animation style. The animation style reminded me a little of the Heidi animation series, however looking up the creator of that series I couldn't find anything there (or I am just blind).
    Also I believe that the series was set in Europe in the 1920's or somewhere around that time, since I can remember people getting around in carriages and old European style buildings.

Does anyone have an idea which show this might be?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 08:07 AM

Maybe Little Princess Sarah: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168375/ which is based on the movie The Little Princess.

Apr 3, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Thank you, I looked into your suggestion and you were right! It is the anime that I used to watch. What a lovely show. Would love to watch it again, however networks don't air such classics anymore and the only dvd set I could find is without english dub or sub. What a shame.
    dragonoffire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
    I don't know if you are watching this thread but if you don't mind downloading veoh web player you can watch your anime on this website w/ English subs if you want. Though you probably found it already since it's been 3 yrs since you posted this. Well anyway here is the link... http://www.watchanimeon.com/a-little-princess-sara-episode-1/

Jun 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Usually I have no problems watching a dubbed series, but in this case I'd prefer the dubbed version for nostalgic reasons. But cheers for posting a source that I can fall back on ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a sci fi anime in the early 90's [ 3 Answers ]

When I was younger I woke up early 5 in the morning and the channel sci fi and anime hour. The show had a character who's body was transformed into some body suit that was some kind of weapon. I remember the final scene, this bio weaponed guy ran through rough terrain to get to the final boss. ...

Anime cartoon in the 90's [ 1 Answers ]

o.k. its been bugging me, but I got to know the title of this show. Its starts with 5 warriors or samuri's. Each one has a different weapon and different colored armor. The red one has two samuri swords, the orange one has nun-chucks, the blue one has a very big sword, the purple one has...

Title of old anime movie or series! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello!the story goes something like this:a bunch of kids in the real world that spend many hours in front of videogames are somehow tranported into a unit-different world-space or something like that.there,they have to play in videogames that are using them(kids)as heroes.there are pac man and...

80s anime cartoon series [ 3 Answers ]

the main thing i remember about this cartoon series is there was a unicorn, it was little and it had a friend, i dont remember if it was a kid or another animal. the villian was a wizard or something like that and it was short and had bug bulgey eyes and it was always after the unicorn. the most...

Anime TV series [ 6 Answers ]

I used to watch this anime series on cartoon networks toonami section before it was a separate channel on a firday night (it was the only time toonami was on n it was the only night c/n was on late) about space pirates and princesses n a really funny blonde girl can you remember what its called?...

View more questions Search