Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kushie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Pine needles
    I have clumps of pine needles and pine cones that fell from a red pine tree
    Covering the ground. The clumps look like they were chopped off the tree.
    There is only 2 pine trees that this is happening to. There is a lot of clumps
    Covering the ground. It looks like someone covered the grass with these
    Clumps. What could be doing this
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Sep 9, 2006, 12:43 PM
    It may be just the natural processes of the pine tree. The clumps of needles - are there any branches attached to them? Or is it just clumps of three or five needles? Pine trees grow needles in clumps (different numbers for different types of pine trees), and these occasionally fall out, the entire clump at once.

If you've actually got branches breaking/being cut off the tree, then that's something completely different. It may be the result of wind damage, pests, or vandalism. I'm afraid I can't offer any help if it is pests.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pine Tree causes Grass Problems [ 8 Answers ]

My Neighbors Scotch Pine Tree is killing ME ! It has been hanging over my lawn and house since I moved in here 15 years ago. I get nothing but needles and cones all year round. I put 10 times as much lime in my lawn and nothing helps. It seems to have killed 2 Rhodadendrums and also a Pink...

Serbian pine [ 1 Answers ]

My Serbian pine, which was planted almost two years ago is losing it's pine needles (not cones). At present the top two feet are bare and one/two middles branches. I fertilized it this spring and have sprayed it twice with fungaside and diazon, as per instruction of the landscaper that planted...

View more questions Search