Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antonymathew20 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 06:48 PM
    How to start a business without investments
    Hi Users,
    I am a student who wants to start a new business. Currently I stay in Bangkok, Thailand. I don't have investments, but if you can suggest me a good business. Please do let me know. How can I start, and how to start.
    texray1014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 07:52 PM
    If I had to start a businesses without investments, I would find it impossible. So the best thing to do if you don't have enough money is to go out and panhandle till you get enough! Those panhandlers make a good living!

Ray

Apr 2, 2009, 09:36 PM

Thank you for your suggestion, but, is there any jobs that I can do on the internet that is worth, taking risks,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 10:58 PM

Hi, antonymathew20!

What sort of education, skills, training and job experience do you presently have, please? Also, are you going to limit yourself only to that which you might be able to do via the Internet?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 10:59 PM

Hi, antonymathew20!

What sort of education, skills, training and job experience do you presently have, please? Also, are you going to limit yourself only to that which you might be able to do via the Internet?

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2009, 10:43 PM

I am 23yrs old, I used to work as a content writer for a company for 3 mnths ,Currently I am working as a international sales technician from 3 mnths, my qualifications are, I have done BSc in Chemistry, MBA in marketing almost done within this 2 months, I amlooking for something that can earn me an extra income,
    I hope this would give you an idea of my profile, if you have any idea, please do let me know..

Apr 4, 2009, 10:44 PM
    :):)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, antonymathew20!

Thanks!
    scott7473 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 08:07 AM
    I want to set up a pound shop but don't know were to stat and I don't have a lot of monney

Apr 7, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Hi scott,
    I and You have the same problem. I would also like to start a new business but have no investments but got lot of ideas..
    scott7473 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by antonymathew20 View Post
    hi scott,
    I and You have the same problem. I would also like to start a new business but have no investments but got lot of ideas..
    Well why don't we put our heads togeher and come up with a ider so that we can start up a bussinges
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 07:40 AM

Honestly, before you ask about how to start a business, you have to first find the type of business that you're willing to go into.

I would do some heavy research, look into what you want to start, and figure out the costs/profit margin, the time you're going to have to put into it on a daily basis, and if this is worth it to you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 07:55 AM

Hello:

The only way I know for somebody who has NO capital, to start a business, and have a good chance at success, is to buy a distributorship in a successful direct sales business...

No, selling soap or vitamins, or makeup isn't exciting... But it's DOABLE.

Companies like Amway, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Shaklee and others have produced lots of millionaires.

I think they use all of that stuff in Asia.

excon

Apr 9, 2009, 06:16 PM
    [Personal contact information removed.]
    Ya I agree, if we can come up with a plan, its good,

Apr 9, 2009, 06:24 PM
    In this case, I would like to say that selling AmWAY products is not what I am looking for, the main thing is I don't have time, becoz I work, secondly I would like to put up some business that would be easy, like selling some products on internet or becoming an agent for companies in this country were there products are unlnown, or something else. I hope U undrstnd what I mean. Thnk you for your valuable time to reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

The only way I know for somebody who has NO capital, to start a business, and have a good chance at success, is to buy a distributorship in a successful direct sales business...

No, selling soap or vitamins, or makeup isn't exciting... But it's DOABLE.

Companies like Amway, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Shaklee and others have produced lots of millionaires.

I think they use all of that stuff in Asia.

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 08:47 PM

Hi again, antonymathew20!

Once a thread has been started, then the information needs to stay on the thread. So, it was necessary for me to remove your contact information.

Any business that you start is going to take time and maintenance for it to truly be successful.

I had asked you the following question that was toward the beginning of this thread.

Also, are you going to limit yourself only to that which you might be able to do via the Internet?
    Would you please answer that question?

Also, you gave me your background in education and the jobs that you have and have had.

What sort of skills and interests do you have beyond that which you learned in school, please?

For many years, I was a teacher of various types of fine art courses in schools. Having my college degree enabled me to get the jobs. However, nearly everything that I do now in order to make a living were not things that I learned in school.

Thanks!

Apr 10, 2009, 08:13 PM
    I would like to say for this is I am a very sporty kind of person and always wanting to do some extra, Can't sit idle, want to be busy all the time, Relating to art, during my school times I used to paint, and take part in competition, and received 2-3 accolades for painting. I used to represent my college in table tennis, footbal and badminton, I also used to play for my church. Talking about these things I have had a lot of knowledge
    No I don't want to restrict myself to internet only. I can work, even if its outside the limits.
    Just let me know about this. What you get frm my answers if you want to know more please give me a reply
    Hi again, antonymathew20!

Once a thread has been started, then the information needs to stay on the thread. So, it was necessary for me to remove your contact information.

Any business that you start is going to take time and maintenance for it to truly be successful.

I had asked you the following question that was toward the beginning of this thread.

Would you please answer that question?

Also, you gave me your background in education and the jobs that you have and have had.

What sort of skills and interests do you have beyond that which you learned in school, please?

For many years, I was a teacher of various types of fine art courses in schools. Having my college degree enabled me to get the jobs. However, nearly everything that I do now in order to make a living were not things that I learned in school.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:47 AM

If you've had experience playing for church services, then how about looking around for a job doing that? I've been a leader in church music for over 36 years.

I would also be interested in knowing what instrument or instruments it is that you play and if you sing.

Another way that I make a living is that I'm also a professional instrumentalist, vocalist and also tune and repair pianos.

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2009, 03:33 AM
    I just play sports for the church,, not into music,,
    If you've had experience playing for church services, then how about looking around for a job doing that? I've been a leader in church music for over 36 years.

I would also be interested in knowing what instrument or instruments it is that you play and if you sing.

Another way that I make a living is that I'm also a professional instrumentalist, vocalist and also tune and repair pianos.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 11:34 PM
    I'm sorry that I misunderstood what it is that you did for your church! Perhaps there might be some coaching opportunities in sports that pay?

Also, are you interested in tutoring students who might be younger than you where the parents would be interested in paying you to do that?

Just a couple of thoughts for you...

Thanks!
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Apr 17, 2009, 08:10 AM

What kind of business do you want to set up in bangkok?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I start looking for grants to start up construction business in Mn. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I am John and I would appreciate any help I could get on finding some grants or low interest loans for starting a concrete contracting business.I have searched some sites but most want money for a kit.My credit is not very good and I am just trying to start a small construction business.I am...

Iwish to start a business but I don't have strong finincial baground for business [ 5 Answers ]

I am willing to start a business but I don't have strong baground of business famally or good finiancial support so what kind of business I do need to start I am mba(marketing) post graduate with 4 year of experience and currently working as a erp cunsultant but becase of recesssion my salary is...

How can I start my own business? [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own business but the problem is money and I don't have a college degree to back me up. Please help!!

How do you start a business [ 6 Answers ]

My question is how would you go about starting a business a cleaning business? About how much money would it take to start one? What kind of software would you recommend? Is there any kind of government grants for minorities to start a business? Is there any way to get some kind of help for people...

Online business without investments [ 7 Answers ]

I want to start a online business but I am not having any money to invest

View more questions Search