Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 06:26 PM
    How to Make Air Gap Look Better.
    Folks, I have been asked many times about this product - and yesterday, I finally saw this product in local Home Depot again. It is an Air Gap hidden inside Lotion / Soap dispenser bottle. It may be a good solution for those who have to have air gap and don't like the look of it.

The bottle has hollow bottom and installs over existing air gap after air gap metal cup is removed. Upper portion is fully functional dispenser pump. Price: $19.99.

I though I'll post this information in its own post rather than email it to everybody in individual PM's...

Milo
    Attached Images

letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:36 PM

Looks like a very good idea, I just wonder why I didn't think of some of these ideas that people are getting rich on.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:39 PM

Hi Milo, yep I saw it too 2 days ago, Thanks.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 3, 2009, 05:28 AM
    We got them to look better, now if we could get them to work better. Tom
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    We got em to look better, now if we could get em to work better. Tom
    They work just fine if installed correctly, Tom.

Most complaints can usually be traced back to an improper or shoddy installation.

What I usually see are installations where the outlet hose is too long or too short, which puts stress on the airgap body, causing the lower portion to separate from the upper portion.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 06:40 AM

... and I have 2 (two) of them on top of my sink ! :D:D:D
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    ..... and I have 2 (two) of them on top of my sink ! :D:D:D
    And I've never had a dishwasher.

Dishwashing was always a time for socializing in my family when I was growing up and I've since continued the tradition.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 06:50 AM

Growler: I know exactly what you are talking about... I don't necessarily like them, too. But, unfortunately, where I live, there are expected to be in every house, just like stove or fridge...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 08:24 AM

I have grown up looking at these air gaps thinking they appear to more of a retrofit for homes adding a dish washer, since nobody had them when I was a kid. Now, nearly every home is designed and built with a dish washer and I would expect a better system wowld have been designed either inside the wall, under the cabinet or a specialized type of AAV. The high loop approach has been used by many because the counter tops gaps just look like junk, just my read on it.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 09:19 AM

I agree with all of you, any house that has a dish washer installed it requires the system, some have Air Gap, some have high loop, some have already installed the new type Air Gap, also some of us are against the high loop but it works great, have a pleasant day, Thanks.

Best Regards,
    John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 4, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler View Post
    They work just fine if installed correctly, Tom.

Most complaints can usually be traced back to an improper or shoddy installation.

What I usually see are installations where the outlet hose is too long or too short, which puts stress on the airgap body, causing the lower portion to separate from the upper portion.
    And I agree with what you're saying Growler. But the point I've been attempting to make since day one is natural's better then mechanical.
    Mechanical stuff have parts that can wear out. Case in point! AAV's! A natural vent's better then a AAV. We won't even get into air gaps except to say that there has not been a single complaint, since this site started, that had to do with a high loop air gap. Although I can pull up plenty about counter top air gaps.'
    Bottom line? Natural's better then mechanical any day of the week.
    Agreed? Have a great week end, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What move should I make? Or should I even make one? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a high school student. I play on our girl's varsity basketball team, and I have a bit of an interest/crush on a guy from the guy's team. Our practice and game times are normally in tandem. I see him there and occaisonally in school. Recently, I admitted my interest to a friend, and she said,...

Why should she make more than me! [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a bank and I really didn't expect For anything special to happen here! I have been working here for a year now and I have been paid well. But there is another girl that works here too. She has only been working here for about 4 months. I just found out she gets paid more than me and...

How can I make my dog eat [ 3 Answers ]

How can I make my dog eat

View more questions Search