Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winterhill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Dogs and cottage cheese
    Is it OK to mix my dogs dry food with cottage cheese?
    tinsley79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 05:48 PM

I have never heard of this. I would call your vet
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 2, 2009, 06:38 PM

I have never heard of a problem with cottage cheese. The only thing that may be a problem is gas! It might be a little smelly around your house! I'm just wondering why you would want to mix his food with it? It's best to stick to a well balanced, healthy dog food that has all the nutrients your dog needs to have, for his benefit.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Yes, stick to dog food. If under a year, any high calcium additions can harm its bone development.
    Rickaroo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 05:22 AM
    I wouldn't do cottage cheese.. If the dog is losing interest in the dry food try a little wet dog food.. that's what we usually do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Cottage Cheese okay for dogs? [ 22 Answers ]

HI Everyone and Happy Holidays, I was at a family function yesterday and someone just adopted a beautiful beagle from a rescue home. Their vet told them it is good to give the dog cottage cheese mixed in with her food for protein. Is this good? I am asking as I would love to mix...

Pink coloured cottage cheese-like discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a discharge that started like a whitish cottage cheese like and no significant smell. Than the next day some of the bits were slightly pink coloured. I have a little bit of burning pain when I'm wiping myself, but not a lot and I can exclude SDT (I have a long term relationship). I'm...

Substitutes for cottage cheese [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.My name is veronda from zambia africa. Please assist me with the substitute for cottage cheese because I can't find any here. There is just mozerella, cheddar, gouda chezzes in the stores.

Substitute for cottage cheese [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know a substitute for cottage cheese? I live in Morocco, They don't have it here. Thanks zaydosmom

Is it OK to add cottage cheese to my dogs dry food? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Golden-doodle about 1 1/2 yrs old. She is a wonderful companion and gives us so much pleasure. I feed her a high quality natural dry dogfood (many different brands), but she just picks at it all day, then usually leaves a lot of it. She will eat most of it if I add cottage cheese or...

View more questions Search