Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samuelluvsliz Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Which career path should I take?
    I am currently working as a administrative assistant. I have been at my job for almost 4 years and started here when I was about 19. Even though it has been a good job, but there are some things that are screwy and I don't get compensated enough for the work I do, and also there is really no room for growth it kind of a favoritism thing. I am thinking of going to school to be a medical assistant or to study a good career to back me up. I went to school to learn taxes a year ago and that is going well, but I need something else to back up my regular job in case something goes wrong especially the way the economy is. Anyone recommened any goods schools or certificate programs so I can get my new career going? I want something that is going to give me a secure future in the long run.
    mimimouse1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Well.. what do you like to do. To me there is no such thing as security in work, that can change and so can you. I believe if you like something and you are good at it then that is the security. It is just trying to figure that part out that can be hard. I too work in the admin field and I am soooooooooooooooooooo very bored that I am trying to figure the same things out. I have always liked helping people or animals and yet I am in a job were I just type, does not give me what my soul needs and that is to help people in more of a helping profession. So I am aiming towards doing that. Money is important but doing what you enjoy makes your day more enjoyable and heck you can make money doing what you love to. Anyway those are my thoughts. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Career path should I take? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a lot of difficulty deciding what I should do once I am finished my B.A. in Anthropology (it is my major, sociology is my minor). I am in my third year of my undergrad and am 20 years old. I do enjoy the courses I am taking and if I had the money or was paid to go to school I would...

Right career path [ 4 Answers ]

I am not really happy in my career right now, because I feel it is not what I was really meant to do. I hate feeling like I am not able to give a hundred percent. Is this right for me?

Career Path [ 1 Answers ]

I have one and a half year experience in Siebel Functional Testing plus 6 months internship in Siebel technology(completed a project during internship).Worked on CRM and PRM modules. What type of career prospects I have ?

IT - Career Path and Job Title [ 3 Answers ]

I strongly need your help!! I am in the process of creating the HR department for my company, so I am requested to include the career path for the IT consultants and IT Project Managers employee. They should be divided into 5 phases. i.e.: Receptionist => secretary => admin assistant =>...

View more questions Search