Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Apr 2, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Looking for a good web hosting company
    I've been running a webpage on angelfire for about 8 years now. I have a freebie site and I'm tired of the pop-ups and just have been wanting to leave angelfire entirely.

I know I could Google this but I want some advice on the subject and I know I can find it here.

Right now it's only a personal website. I'm not into myspace and I prefer getting my hands cramped up by doing my own coding and stuff like that. Basically I throw some random stuff up there, including (but not limited to) what's on my mind at the time, things that I have drawn, stories and poems that I have written, and some of my fav food recipes.

EVENTUALLY I would like to start my own webcomic or maybe start my own online ebook that I update every month or so, or maybe learn PHP and make my own web game. Basically stuff I find interesting.

So what I am looking for here is a affordable and reliable web hosting company that also will set me up with a domain name for cheap.If I expand and do what I want to do Angelfire will no longer serve my purposes. So does anyone know of a hosting company that fits my needs?

I was thinking of checking out this one here

Webfusion | Web site hosting and domain hosting

Edit: It definitely needs PHP and MySQL support, which I am sure most if not all have.
    Cheriedow2006 Posts: 32, Reputation: -3

Apr 2, 2009, 12:10 PM

I use Verio. It should have everything you need.
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

Apr 2, 2009, 01:15 PM
    I use 1and1 and have had no problems. The offer a free domain name with hosting. Hosting offers several packages. Here is the link
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 2, 2009, 01:23 PM
    I started with 1and1 and suffered appalling customer service.
    It seems they where going through some upheaval when I had these issues.

I did find a good, open and honest host in the end: The Instant Webhost

They don't try and over sell their resources and promise the impossible.
    Also if you need one on one assistance they are more than willing to help.
    They offer the whole package from domain names to the actual space and bandwidth.

Apr 2, 2009, 02:26 PM

Curlyben,

That one seems like an interesting company to check out but it looks lke they are located in the UK. I'm in the US and I don't know if that one would really suit my needs or if I would even be able to sign up.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 2, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Their "office" is in the UK, but they utilise part of the great "Cloud" of servers, so access times are really good, as if they where local to you.

Apr 2, 2009, 02:32 PM
    1and1 looks like it will fit my needs for the most part. I will have to make a note of it

Apr 2, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Their "office" is in the UK, but they utilise part of the great "Cloud" of servers, so access times are really good, as if they where local to you.
    Curlyben,

I was comparing the monthly transfer volume and a few other stats between 1and1 and Instantwebhost.
    For the price, IWH has relatively low monthly transfer volume and space. The guarantees they have sound great on paper but the stats just don't seem competetive.

This is part of shopping around anyway.
    dubtrice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 07:42 PM
    hostnow.tk has everything you're looking for in a good hosting service - also very affordable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hosting company [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to get to www.globalpp.tv. I've looked the domain name up, and to me it looks like it's being pointed back to the ddos provider. Someone told me they thought a hacker had rerouted... any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kim

Cost of good sold-merchandise company [ 1 Answers ]

What does mean that cost of goods sold is a percentage of sales for a merchandise company?

Good name for jewellery company [ 4 Answers ]

I am jewellery disigner and can not find a good name for my private business. Can you help me?

Good Hosting [ 12 Answers ]

Can anyone please suggest any good hosting companies for websites

View more questions Search