Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hadassah24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Changing from gas heat to electric heat
    How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2006, 11:08 AM
    You contract with a licensed heating contractor who will changeover the system.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadassah24
    How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?
    I'm not familiar with Apollo system, but if you'll clarify, it might not be too difficult for some of it as a diy job.

If you could point out what system you have from their website, we might be able to offer a bit more detail.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Don't know Apollo system, Gas needs to be safely removed and dealt with. Then. Hooking up the ducts, Running Safe and proper wiring. Charging the system. Good Electrician, and Ac guy can save Time and Money and even your life.
    I would make quick access for contractor, help if they will allow. A customer can make a job easy or difficult,(cheaper or more expensive)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert from gas heat to all electric [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, we are retiring and considering a move to a smaller community. Many of the homes there have gas heat and the cost of natural gas is outrageous to say the least. One house is about 8 years old. How do I go about changing to a heat pump? Wouuls I need to dhave all new or can I use the existing...

Nuheat Electric Floor Heat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a Nuheat (Nuheat.com) electric floor heating pad. There are 2 wires from the pad that need to run up the wall and into a switch box. The switch box will have power coming in which connects to the thermostat and the thermostat connects to the heating pad. Does the wires...

Baseboard electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands/style of baseboard heaters? Have looked at hydrosil, they claim to be efficient but are higher priced units. Are the fluid/gel filled units that much more efficient than the cheaper units? Thanks

Convert gas heat to electric [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the pros and cons of converting our gas heat to electric. We just moved to TN and are astounded that the gas man comes every four weeks and fills the tank and our house is COLD all the time anyway!! We are thinking that electric heat would be more proficient and cost...

Changing Heat pump Thermostat. [ 2 Answers ]

Currently have a Honeywell T841A1712 Multi-Stage Heat pump thermostat. I am changing to a Honeywell RTH7500D. All is good except that the manual states "If the old thermostat had wires on W1, Y1, and W2, some modification is required. Call your loca heating and cooling contractor for...

View more questions Search