Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elevman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Should an exempt salaried employee be docked for leaving early
    I am an exempt salaried employee who works 40 hours a week 9 months out of the year. The other 3 months I work anywhere from 70 to 100 hrs a week. About a month ago I left about 2 hrs early, and then last week about 1 1/2 hrs early. Now they are telling me that I have to take that off my monthly time sheet or use vacation hrs for that. Can you tell me what the laws are for Indiana. Thanks
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2009, 03:50 PM

No they cannot do that. You are an exempt employee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee's pay docked [ 1 Answers ]

In Alabama can an employee be docked for missing a day of work if they are classified as salaried and their time is billed out for the company benefit? And I am told I cannot be paid overtime!

Docked pay because PTO is gone, but I am a salary employee. Can he do this? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I am a salary employee in the state of NY. I have 15 days of PTO(paid time off) I just got a email from my boss telling me he docked me 3 days pay, because I was over my 15 day limit of PTO. Is it legal for him to do this? It was my assumption that as salary employees you got paid...

Salaried Exempy Employee paycheck docked 1 week pay for arriving 5 hours late [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, A friend and former colleague's paycheck was docked 1 week of pay (approx $2,000) for arriving at work 5 hours late due to car problems. She is a salaried exempt employee in the state of Connecticut. She receives 4 weeks vacation each year, and has over 2 weeks of accrued, unused...

Salaried Employee [ 2 Answers ]

Are salaried employees required to complete a timesheet

View more questions Search