Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ynysddu Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Tempered glass looks milky
    We have 3 patio doors off our great room and 4 windows. They look great until the sun shines on them and then the patio door glass looks milky compared to the window glass. The manufactutrer claims it's because they are made of tempered glass, because they have to be and the windows are not.
    Is this BS or is this correct?
    Does all tempered glass go milky - my windshield doesn't?
    Thanks Phil
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Apr 2, 2009, 09:22 AM

I have not seen tempered glass go milky. Plexiglas perhaps? Did someone install a UV film on the glass that has gone milky?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 11:09 AM

Are your doors thermopane or single glass? Thermopane get foggy if they are leaking.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 2, 2009, 12:18 PM

Do you live in a house or condo / townhome? Sometimes fire rated glass is required and it does tend to have a distorted look, not really milky though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serious relationship with a short tempered guy [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months and we were friends for a year before we started going out. We normally have a perfect relationship, we get along really well and we both love each other immensely. Sounds great right? Well the one downside to our relationship is he has a short...

Why are some regions of the Milky Way Dark [ 1 Answers ]

Why do some regions of our Milky Way galaxy appear dark? Is it because there's no stars or that they're hidden by instellar gas or dus? Or is that whole black hole thing that capture all the light behind them. I'm lost...

Milky Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

So, I've been reading up on a lot of different things and I keep coming up on a question I can't find the answer for. Say a woman has a milky white discharge that doesn't smell at all... (typicaly yeast infections smell fishy and other infections tend to be a yellow or green color.) So,...

Milky Way [ 3 Answers ]

What Is The Distasnce Between The Earth And The Milky Way?

Tempered glass near drain?! [ 2 Answers ]

Replacement window guy says I need tempered glass in the window over kitchen sink (within 6' of a drain) is he blowin' smoke up my sunshine stopper? And why? What does it matter if there is a drain there? :confused: Please enlighten me. :o

View more questions Search