Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tareksuleiman Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 03:30 PM
    How can I lose weight?
    I have big muscles and I go to gym almost daily also I don't lost weight easily so what is the best method to lose weight and I am 20 years old my weight is 104 my hight is 183
    So what can I do :mad:
    humble10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Apr 1, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Hi, you have to make up your mind first and be serious about losing weight.Monitor what you eat and cut back on what you put on your plate.stay away from a lot of fried foods. Eat a lot of baked foods.Cut back on the sweets, and avoid eating and laying down right after.Go to a park and walk as regularly as possible.It's a mind thing,You can do it! Feel free to to let me know how it's going.
    revenge Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Wait your 104 pounds or killos? And 183 cm.
    hawkgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 08:22 PM

I know I can lose weight if I set my mind to it but evertime someone tells me I look thinner I have a habit of starting to eat all types of food and I gain it back really quick why does this happen to me
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Apr 1, 2009, 08:30 PM

Well first off do you eat the most important meal of the day breakfast? If not that will help a whole lot that what my trainer use to tell me and it's not always what you eat it's how much you eat. So just start slow and easy then you will find yourself going faster exercise,eating less then you will see your results.also my trainer use to tell me do cardio first then do your other things you want but don't do too much to over work yourself OK hope I help
    ibrown Posts: 61, Reputation: 3

Apr 1, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelcuryy08 View Post
    well first off do you eat the most important meal of the day breakfast? if not that will help a whole lot that what my trainer use to tell me and it's not always what you eat it's how much you eat. So just start off slow and easy then you will find yourself going faster exercise,eating less then you will see your results.also my trainer use to tell me do cardio first then do your other things you want but dont do too much to over work yourself ok hope i help
    I agree well said!
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Apr 1, 2009, 09:08 PM
    well first off do you eat the most important meal of the day breakfast? if not that will help a whole lot that what my trainer use to tell me and it's not always what you eat it's how much you eat. So just start off slow and easy then you will find yourself going faster exercise,eating less then you will see your results.also my trainer use to tell me do cardio first then do your other things you want but dont do too much to over work yourself ok hope i help
    There are some nuggets of truth in there but something's just aren't correct which makes sense when you consider that minimal results keep "trainers" in business. If at all possible you should do cardio first thing in the morning when your glycogen levels are depleted. This will cause the body to hit your fat reserves for energy as opposed to glycogen.
    Eating will stoke your metabolic fire. The general rule of thumb is space out your caloric intake between 6 smaller meals per day. In addition keep in mind the percentages of macro-nutrients you intake (fat, carbs and protein) and how your body processes them. In addition, if you are doing weight training then you should focus your routine on lower weights but higher reps and do about 15-18 minutes of cardio before you lift. This will tap out your glycogen levels and your body will once again be forced to resort to burning fat for energy.
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Apr 1, 2009, 09:12 PM

Well thank u I learned something too

Apr 1, 2009, 09:15 PM
    well thank u i learned something too
    Glad I could help. I had to learn all of this the hard way.

Apr 2, 2009, 06:14 AM

Its 104 killos and 183 cm and I really walk like about 30 min in the gym and before I go to bed I wlk 1 hour and 30 min and I don't like sweets. And the fats still there
    humble10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2009, 07:36 AM

You can try searching online for ways to help burn your metabolism quicker, or try a safe natural pill that can help burn fat.

Apr 2, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tareksuleiman View Post
    its 104 killos and 183 cm and i really walk like about 30 min in the gym and before i go to bed i wlk 1 hour and 30 min and i dont like sweets. and the fats still there
    Just simply walking will burn excess calories but if you want to get serious you need to engage in a more strenuous type of cardio workout. My favorite is the elliptical trainers. They allow the use of the majority of the major muscle groups and not just your lower body.

Apr 2, 2009, 01:15 PM

Oh I don't really have time to eat breakfast because I have to go to college so what can do ?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Get up earlier.

no... its no fun getting up at 5am to workout, but that's the best way to get it done and over and to crank in your metabolism for the hours of the morning.

No time for breakfast? Make it up the night before. If you are in a dorm room, sure, space is an issue. But even lean meats or boiled eggs and cheese for a few bites in the am is better than letting your body think you are starving.

As mentioned, fueling your body more times with less is the best way to go. A great late afternoon snack is some dry roasted nuts (almonds, macademias... just low salt) and dried cherries or fruit. Easy to pack and take anywhere. Do this around 3-4pm and you won't be as hungry at dinner.

And why dinner is the biggest meal for most of us is just ackbasswards. Makes no sense to dump all those calories into your body as you are preparing to shut down. So think about portion control at night, and if you don't have time for breakfast, you surely have time for a decent protein shake or the like on the run.

*looking back through the posts, I've pretty much just propped up what markwithak already told you* its true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I want to lose weight, but I'm only 12! [ 17 Answers ]

Okay, I'm 12 and in gr.7. I'm around 5'3" and I weigh an approximate of 135 pounds. At school, I'm called "porker" and "fattie" by people, behind my back. I own a mini trampoline and one of those circular spinning things. I know I am average but I want to be below average. I dance 8 hours a week...

Need to lose weight soon! [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lose weight fast. And I mean quick smart.. I don't want to go to the gym, have pills, go on doctor stuff. I just want to lose weight healthly.. if I cnt do it fast, then how can I lose weight in a few weeks? I'm approx. 62 kilos and I want to lose enough so I'm slim. I want to lose weight...

I am 17 and want to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I am 17 years old and my name is Harmony. I weigh 316 I don't know how I got to this weight i don't shove my face with food all day and i barely eat... Anyways so I started using the treadmill about 1 hour a day. But I can't lose weight i don't know whats wrong with me. I want to get the lap...

Trying to lose weight! [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking of becoming a model, I am 5'11' so I am tall enough, I wear a 36d bra, I have a 28 inch waist which is too big and weigh 130 lbs, how can I lose this weight, it seems to be concentrated in my stomach. Any ideas?? I know I probably sound like a for complaining but I really want to be...

View more questions Search