Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddamron1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Elevated B12 levels
    My mother recently had her B12 levels checked and were found to be 2,000. Her MD told her normal was 211 and to stop her supplements but she does not take any vitamins/minerals of any kind. But has recently been feeling extremely fatigued. What could be the reason behind the elevation in the b12 levels?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 04:03 PM

Did the doctor do a complete blood work up on your mom ? Did you tell him at the time that she did not take any supplements ?

Elevated B12 can signify liver disease, and that would also explaint the fatigue. Excuse me if I ask, but was your mom ever a drinker of alcohol ?

We don't diagnose here and this is just my opinion.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elevated B 12 levels [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter was told by her physician that she had elevated B12 levels. When she asked what that meant, he told her the only time he's seen this was when a child had leukemia. First of all, I was furious he told her that before any sort of testing being done. Second, I have searched the internet...

Elevated blood glucose [ 5 Answers ]

46 yo female elite marathoner, no personal or family history of diabetes, 100 lbs, 5'2" in excellent health ran 10K. Felt good and surged last mile of race and by finish slowed dramatically had difficulty breathing, became light-headed and weak, blood sugar tested 328 (repeated twice, third test...

Elevated liver count [ 2 Answers ]

My son apparently has Benign acute myositis. His liver count is 696 when I understand it should be under 41. Is this normal and are there certain things we should avoid or enforce during this time. Also when should it get back to normal?

Elevated Liver Enzymes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been using 2 Rhumatols a day for past 4 months. My liver enzymes have gone up. Any connection, should I reduce Rhumatol to 1 a day?

Elevated Prolactin Level [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I recently had some routine bloodwork done and it was discovered that I have 4x's the "high" level of prolactin. I did a bit of research and found out about pituitary gland toumor. Does anyone know how often these things would turn out malignant? Or what the prognosis is for this...

View more questions Search