Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DCLoya Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Ntldr is missing
    Every time I start my computer I receive a message saying ntldr is missing. What can I do? I don't have a reboot cd. I have a emachine computer. Thanks.. I also don't want to delete anything I have on my computer.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Apr 1, 2009, 03:41 PM

Check out the following for information:

"NTLDR is missing" error message when you install or upgrade Windows XP over Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition

How To Fix: NTLDR Is missing - UPDATE ~ The Blade by Ron Schenone, MVP

NTLDR is missing

Perhaps a friend has the same version of Windows that you have, if yes, borrow it to do the above.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 05:23 PM

NTLDR is missing
    Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 1, 2009, 07:19 PM

Download this - NTLDR

https://www.box.net/shared/pagc7hqsxt

Get yourself a basic boot disk to a DOS prompt, at your command prompt, copy (Floppy):\ntldr c:\
    sreenivaspn81 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Apr 1, 2009, 07:40 PM

Boot with a Bootable OS CD and try repairing the Os.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2009, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sreenivaspn81 View Post
    Boot with a Bootable OS CD and try repairing the Os.
    Apparently you missed the part in the OP's opening where they said the OS CD is NOT available to them so your short and sweet answer won't fix their issue.:mad:
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 03:38 AM

Please try to repair operating system with the help of bootable OS cd.You can copied the NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM files which was available from the recovery Cd which comes with computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NTLDR is compressed Press CAD to restart [ 5 Answers ]

HELP! I have been trying to fix this for 2 nights - searching the web for answers with my husbands laptop and trying to fix my computer at the same time. When I turn on the computer I get the red COMPAQ logo then a black screen appears with the message listed. I do not have the XP software and...

Computer says ntldr is missing [ 2 Answers ]

Tried to sign on the computer and I get a black screen that says ntldr is missing; press ctrl alt del to restart. Doing that just gets me back to the black screen. What do I do?

NTLDR error message on black screen [ 2 Answers ]

The electricity went off and when I turned the computer back on there was a black Screen with "NTLDR is missing" Click any key to restart. I cannot get away from that Screen by Ctrl+ALT+DEL because it brings up "Compaq" symbol and then right back to The black screen. I have Windows XP and...

Ntldr is missing [ 1 Answers ]

When I started the system it shows that ntldr is missing. Press ctrl+Alr+Del to restart. I installed Windows Xp freshly and again after some time when I restart the system it shows same error.. Can any one suggest me to solve thisissue without reinstalling os(Windows XP).

NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart [ 2 Answers ]

I have this major problem and that is causing me a lot of stress. Each time I turn my computer on It presents me with the error message "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" I have tried repairing it from the OS disk, through the Recovery Console, but it comes up saying "Which windows...

View more questions Search