Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McFly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2006, 10:42 PM
    Gum pain / Biological Width question
    10 days ago I've been to a dental hygienist I've never met before. Although I'm pretty tough when it comes to cleanings, this one was extremely painful. I was bleeding afterwards for 2 days every time I brushed my teeth (never happened to me before!)

This week I noticed that whenever I eat, the gums around 2 different crowns start hurting. At the time I had a similar issue with one crown, which had to be replaced to fix the problem (something with regards to biological width not being maintained?). I used a small mirror to look at the crowns and I don't remember seeing so much of the crowns exposed (although I may be wrong).

Is it possible the dental hygienist caused permanent damage? I find it difficult to eat - the pain is not very strong, but it's very persistent, and occurs very time after I eat. Like I said, I've had similar pain in the past - and it was associated with biological width..

Please.. any advice would be so helpful. I'm really concerned I'll have to replace both crowns again.

Will greatly appreciate any help,

Best regards,

McFly
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2006, 06:04 PM
    I doubt that it is permanent, it should go away within a few more days. However, if it is not gone by Monday I would contact the dentist and let him/her know of the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biological grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was...

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Claus Hanke living in Denmark. My adopted son Thomas (born March 15, 1968) wants to find his biological parents, prefarably his biological mother. He has given me the authority to conduct this search. From his early childhood he has known, that he was adopted. Thomas is doing well in...

Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological...

Curious about biological mother or father [ 6 Answers ]

Stepmother and Biological Dad's Will [ 3 Answers ]

My dad died recently and I know he had a will. I have heard that my step mother is not going to probate his will. And if she doesn't, I have no way of knowing what was in the will and if my name along with my two brother's names are mentioned and if dad left anything to us at all. My question...

View more questions Search