Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Apr 1, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Partial birth abortion
    I posted under women's health what I believed to be an acurate description of a partial birth abortion. I see has been removed. Can anyone describe it for us?:eek:
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 11:03 AM

Describe partial birth abortion or describe why your post was removed?

Apr 1, 2009, 11:15 AM

First of all I went to women's health and couldn't find it. My decription is , during a full term birth the baby's head comes down the birth canal. Once it is exposed, a hole is made in the soft spot of the baby's head and the brains are sucked out, killing the baby. The birth is continued and the body disposed of. This is what our country has become...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Here, you can read this to educate yourself: 'Partial-Birth Abortion:' Separating Fact from Spin : NPR

I saw your post before it was removed, it seemed like it was meant to shock people with innacuracies.

Apr 1, 2009, 11:19 AM

No matter what we read it doesn't make it right. What are the people going to say to god about all this? I read at your site, if even made me more ill thinking what is being done to thousands of babies. What is the difference in sucking out their brains or compressing their skulls. How can we live with ourselves??
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 11:27 AM

Well, my GODDESS is going to congratulate me and other women for taking charge of our own bodies.

She will also tell me that if it came to a choice between my own health and that of another, not fully functioning being, my health should come first.

She'd ALSO tell me that once you start telling people what their reproductive rights ARE NOT, then you are also stating that you can telling people what their reproductive rights ARE--as in, you can start making people take tests in order to be allowed to give birth or raise children. Perhaps only those over a certain IQ in one country, or to a specific religion in another country..

Don't push religion in ANY forum but the religious forums. It won't fly.

Abortion is a LEGAL procedure. If you don't like that, then raise your daughters to not get pregnant. Raise your sons to not have sex until they are married. Don't have an abortion yourself.

But don't tell me what MY reproductive rights are.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 1, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by margar View Post
    no matter what we read it doesn't make it right. what are the people going to say to god about all this? i read at your site, if even made me more ill thinking what is being done to thousands of babies. what is the difference in sucking out their brains or compressing their skulls. how can we live with ourselves?????
    Margar, I removed your previous post because what you said, and are still doing so here, is completely incorrect and inaccurate spin put about by the pro-life anti-abortion groups.

Have you done and INDEPENDENT research into this procedure and the reasons that it may be used.
    This ISN'T a normal procedure at all and accounts for LESS than 0.5% of all abortions performed.

You really should learn to distinguish fact from fiction.
    Even Wiki, that bastion of accuracy, has a better description of this procedure: Intact dilation and extraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Even Snopes is in on fact finding: snopes.com: Freedom of Choice Act

So please do some research BEFORE jumping off the deep end with both feet in your mouth.

Ps I had never heard of this until you posted, but have since done a bucket load of research. Isn't the internet wonderful ;)
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 1, 2009, 12:09 PM
    first of all i went to womens health and couldn't find it. my decription is , during a full term birth the babys head comes down the birth canal. once it is exposed, a hole is made in the soft spot of the baby's head and the brains are sucked out, killing the baby. the birth is continued and the body disposed of. this is what our country has become...
    Omg! I think I'm going to cry. That is soooooooo sad. :(

Apr 2, 2009, 12:09 PM

There is no inaccurate spin on killing innocent babies. I watched a d and c when I was in nursing school. I nearly passed out. Even though the doctor assured the mother it had to be done. The look of apprehension on that mothers face will be one I won't forget. I think I know fully what I speak of...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 12:20 PM
    i watched a d and c when i was in nursing school.. i nearly passed out.
    Did you also watch a colonoscopy? Or removal of a lung? Or a hysterectomy? Did you pass out then too? Does the health of the mother not concern you? If you can't stomach operations you should not be watching them. That's why we have surgeons.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
    there is no inaccurate spin on killing innocent babies. i watched a d and c when i was in nursing school. i nearly passed out. even tho the doctor assured the mother it had to be done. the look of apprehension on that mothers face will be one i won't forget. i think i know fully what i speak of....
    Maybe you aren't cut out for nursing.

Also, partial birth abortion is currently illegal in the US. Abortion of any kind should never be used as a means for birth control. There are many medical reasons that abortions are allowed, even past the second trimester.

I don't understand why you say this is what our country has become. It's illegal here.

Apr 2, 2009, 02:08 PM

It was my operating room rotation stupid every nurse in the universe has to go through it. I didn't have a choice. But pregnant women do and should know exactly what it going to happen...
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 02:13 PM
    it was my operating room rotation stupid every nurse in the universe has to go through it. i didn't have a choice. but pregnant women do and should know exactly what it going to happen...
    There is no reason to call anyone names and it is very disrespectful. J_9 is a nurse and is completely aware of clinicals and rotations. Her answer was factual and your spewing anger in the wrong place which you are apparently unaware of.

Hopefully this thread will be closed soon, as some people are difficult to educate and I am not talking about us.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 2, 2009, 02:20 PM
    This thread has more than run its course and is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How wrong is using abortion as birth control [ 18 Answers ]

Im 32 yrs old and just had my 3rd abortion less than 4 months ago. I do not use birth control and I know this is why I'm getting pregnant. Its like I never learn my lesson. My past ones were just bad relationships, drugs were involved, wasn't in love, and I didn't think I was ready. I'm...

Abortion as a form of birth control [ 2 Answers ]

Over the last 10 years I have known a couple women that have used abortion as a form of birth control. They have excuses such as : the pill makes me gain weight, it doesn't feel the same with a condom on, oops... I firmly believe in a woman's right to choose what she wants to do with her body,...

Abortion + Birth Control [ 14 Answers ]

Hey I can't stop thinking about falling pregnant again. Every time my partner and I make love, its all I can think about. Im 19 and already had 2 pregnancies this year. The first was a stupid mistake. We were careless but the second time, I was on the pill. We used condoms and I took a morning...

View more questions Search