Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeccaboss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Pdf attachement on email
    For the past week when I receive an email with a pdf attachement, it does not open as pdf. What happens is the picture of pdf opens in Microsoft Picture Manager! I do not know what to change to get it to open properly.:eek:
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 09:10 AM

What is your OS?

You can determine what program is set as your default to open PDF files. It sounds like it changed on you and you need to change it back.

The following link is for an XP machine and will explain where and how!
    How to change your default programs and enable or remove access to Microsoft Windows and non-Microsoft programs

Hope this helps!

Rick
    rebeccaboss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 09:41 AM

Thanks Rick, but I don't find where it tells me what opens pdf. Yes, Windows XP is me.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 10:37 AM

PDF files are opened by Adobe Reader usually. If you don't have Adobe reader then you must get it. It's free, no worries!
    The link below is a site to download from:
    Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

However, this is Adobe 9.1 the latest release, the download says Vista but should work on XP as well. If not then Google Adobe 8.0 or Adobe 9.0. It's all over the web!

Rick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2009, 10:59 AM

Somehow your association of the Acrobat reader with PDF files w2as changed. The easiest way to deal with this is to just reinstall the Reader. Your reader may actuall be out of date so just get the latest.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Apr 1, 2009, 03:10 PM

Once you download and install Adobe Reader from:

Adobe Reader - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Right click the PDF attachment, click Open With, if Adobe Reader isn't listed, click Browse, click on Adobe Reader, click OK.
    pankajkamble Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2009, 04:22 AM

If you are win xp or vista user select respective .pdf file... and by right clicking on it select CHOOSE PROGRAM option it will give one window and from there select adobe reader and click ALWAYS OPEN WITH THIS MARK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email [ 3 Answers ]

Sunday Morning: A user leaves a voicemail at 08:00. At 10:00 they email the Helpdesk and complain that the voicemail has not been addressed. The voicemail system will be unavailable, due to scheduled maintenance, from 08:00 - 12:00. You attempt to call the user, but they are working from home (we...

Email Qn [ 6 Answers ]

Would like to know your views regarding the following: If someone forward you an email and before the forwarded content was " Please followup. Thanks and Regards, xxx "

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Comcast email server losing email [ 2 Answers ]

My comcast account won't let any email through to me except those I send to myself and those comcast sends to me to test the address. I use their website to retrieve email and do not use outlook. They have not been helpful in solving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can...

View more questions Search