Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Babies and spirits!
    I am just curious to know do people think babies or even young kids for that matter can see spirits?

I just saw that movie "Messengers" and is was about a child able to see spirits, oh and they moved into a ghost filled house.

I have a son that will be 4 months on the 6th of April and he always focus his attention towards my room door regardless of the position he is being hold. He would do his best to look that way for a few minutes.

I might be reading too much into it especially since I saw that movie but would like to hear the opinons of others.

Thanks
    Liz
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 12:02 AM

Spirits are fictional.
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Apr 19, 2009, 01:35 PM

Children are able to see spirits because they are more in tune with the natural energies around them than adults are. Children aren't taught that magic or things like that are fake, so their minds are open to whatever the universe throws at them, including spirits. As they get older they are taught that things like faeries, magic and ghosts are not real, which is unfortunate. I hope that helps.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 01:56 PM

Children are naturally gifted and sensitive.They have not been taught yet to differentiate between real and not.They also don't have cluttered brains.

My Mom lived in an apt.building that was once a school.Her apt was a former kindergarten classroom.

When my son was 3 I was trying to get him to sleep in the bedroom.I was in the other room and he kept talking.I said you need to go to sleep now and he said I want to but this lady won't stop talking.

After the shivers went away I asked him some questions and his answers convinced me he was talking to a former teacher.

Some months later I was starting to fall asleep when I saw the ghost.She was an elderly woman just standing at the foot of my bed.
    Yes, I think kids are very attuned to the spirit world.
    purpleturtle Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2009, 02:03 PM

Children can see ghost and things like that. My daughter and I liver near a cemetry and when my child was little I could have sworn she was seeing a ghost or something
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:07 PM

I believe children see spirits. I live in a very old home, my street was one of the first street in this city. I've seen my daughter "talking" to someone, offering her toys or meal too. Some people may say it's just a creative imagination but I really do believe in the paranormal world.

I once was washing my dishes and I felt someone behind me, and it didn't feel good. My daughter quickly entered the kitchen and looked not at me but beside me and yelled out a clear "NO". I soon felt that the presence of whomever was gone.

There has been several occasions that has made me think that there are spirits here. I've seen my daughter walk to another room and stop dead on her tracks and walk around someone as if they were in her way. Sometimes when I tuck her in to go to bed she waves bye-bye to someone in the opposite side of the room and looks dead at them.

It may be a coincidence- but I've seen people that weren't really there; call them ghosts, spirits or demons in a form of a person or whatever. If I can see them, my daughter sure can too.

Call me crazy.

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:22 PM

I don't think your crazy Mudweiser. I used to live on in a 3 story house and I lived on the 3rd floor. At night I used to hear all kinds of strange noises and it just to sound like someone was having a soundless party on the roof. I know small animals might get on the roof but the noise I heard sounding like human being walking.

There were times I would be in the house and it would be hot because I had the heat turned up but sometimes for a few moments it would get cold. It felt like someone was standing besides me watching me. I was scared for it to be quiet in my house especially when I was alone.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:30 PM

Eek Liz. I know the feeling!

I've noticed animals see things too. I've seen my cat run up to something and do that "rub" thing they do.

I believe both babies and animals are able to see "the other side" a lot better than us adults since we're not so open to it.

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:59 PM

Comments on this post
    Liz28 agrees: Oh, my God that experience must have been scary.
    I flew off that bed so fast you would have thought I was a spirit myself.I went into the living room my mom was on the couch and she said *holy shi&,you look like you've seen a ghost*.
    I said a prayer and I asked that she move on and I never saw her again and neither did my son.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 19, 2009, 03:10 PM

I always thought this. Sometimes my cousins' babies just stare up and smile or look past other people and smile. It looks like they are looking at someone not just staring into space.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    i always thought this. sometimes my cousins' babies just stare up and smile or look past other people and smile. it looks like they are looking at someone not just staring into space.
    My son does that and he is almost 5 months. He stares at one spot no matter where he is in my room and smiles.

My friend was the one that spoke on it but I always notice.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 19, 2009, 03:48 PM

I don't think a spirit is like what we see on TV. Our spirit is something else, and doesn't represnet the human body. Not like we may think so.

Look at it like this, our brains are designed to read all this information that comes from our five senses. What need does a spirit have for eyes, ears, mouth, skin (feeling), and smell? None, because a spirit maybe one with all that is. It feels in a sense, only not like us, through variations of ferquencies, and that I may consider the flow of energy.

Just my personal take. I just don't see why we would keep the form of something we shed when we die... But I'm a little odd.

I do sometimes theorize that, if some one sees a spirit of some one, they see the some one as their human body form because they recognize the essences of that spirit. But who knows maybe I'm just a little bit of a crazy. Haha, then again, who isn't eh? Haha.

Peace and kindness be with you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:54 PM

Thank you for your feedback and I don't think your crazy but you're a very insightful person.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 19, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    My son does that and he is almost 5 months. He stares at one spot no matter where he is in my room and smiles.

My friend was the one that spoke on it but I always notice.
    It could be the way that spot looks, no matter where the child is, it makes them smile laugh.

Or more to my understanding, maybe that is the spot your child was looking when you made him laugh. He is now "wired" to see that one spot and laugh, or smile. Since we all like to laugh and smile, it could be his "happy place"? (You remember, Peter Pan?:o I know I know, I'm a dork.:p)

Just thought I'd through that out there.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 10:57 PM

Yes. I do believe babies and children have angels that walk with them until they reach the age of puberty. That is when their eyes begin to open and the learn they ways of the land so to speak.
    Prior to that I believe they are living in a state of altered reality where they see spirits and can communicate with them. We often say children have WILD IMAGINATIONS, I don't believe that's true I think they are simply seeing what us adults cannot.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    yes. I do believe babies and children have angels that walk with them until they reach the age of puberty. That is when their eyes begin to open and the learn they ways of the land so to speak.
    Prior to that i believe they are living in a state of altered reality where they see spirits and can communicate with them. We often say children have WILD IMAGINATIONS, i don't believe thats true i think they are simply seeing what us adults cannot.
    Cool I must have spent a lot of time seeing robot ghosts as a kid then.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 01:51 AM

Scientifically when babies stare it is a time when they are assimilating information. It is their time to truly absorb LIFE!! YE ha!

All babies appear to just gaze off,that is the learning time!

In that time is when they are assimilating and (processing information)
    That has been given to them throughout the day.

The staring is akin to a kid who looks up to think. They are serious about trying to understand! What joys!
    Cool :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 04:16 AM

I personally believe that babies and toddlers can see things that adults do not. I believe children are more open to these experiences.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 04:20 AM
    My little buddy has been waking up early in the morning, he was talking and laughing at apparently nothing. Who really knows... All I know is I have experienced things myself when I was young.
    It is very much possible. There are lots of critics out there but just because these critics have not experienced it themselves does not mean it is not real. Just because scientists have not proven things does not mean they do not exist.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 09:38 AM

Well said jesus,

I heard a story once where a couple had just given birth to a baby boy, they already had a child who was about 4 years old @ the time, because they did not know how their eldest child would react to the baby they told her that she cannot be with the baby unless one of them is present. One day the eldest child defied her parents and went into the room to talk to the newborn baby. The parent s both watched and listened to her at the door, where they heard her say to the baby " can you tell me about god and the angels again, because he was always with me but these days he does not talk to me as much"

Point I'm trying to make is that children have angels that are with them always.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing spirits [ 15 Answers ]

My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there...

I can see spirits [ 21 Answers ]

I see spirits not only loved ones but also demons but they seem like their gathering somewhere

How do I get rid of spirits? [ 10 Answers ]

It's been three weeks now and I cannot get rid of this shadows in my room.. They seem to like energy I have heard that they take it from you while you sleep in order to stay in this world... They can read your thoughts and they are possesive to the point of agony I can't take it anymore.. ...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

What spirits are [ 3 Answers ]

I believe for the most part free roaming spirits are angels either demon or the ones on Gods team what are your thoughts?

View more questions Search