Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawsoncarter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Want my dog to gain more wieght
    My dog doesn't seem to be keeping her wieght up like I think she should be.I feed her about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. twice a day.I feed her Old Roy,with 21% protein.She just stays not very skinny,but her wieght is fair I would say.Is there any kind of dog food that can help or any thing different I can do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Most dogs will eat all they need. If her ribs aren't showing, you don't have a problem. If she won't eat enough to keep the ribs from showing more than a little, see the vet.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 6, 2009, 03:47 AM

As long as she is in good health, she will eat what she needs as Labman said. I'm assuming she is a large breed if she is eating that much per day. Does she look unhealthy to you? I'm just curious as to why you would want her to bulk up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wieght loss [ 1 Answers ]

How do I lose 10 kgs in a week?

I eat sugar and lose wieght, eat healthy and gain? [ 2 Answers ]

OK don't tll me its not possible because rest assure you its happening to me. I live with my boyfriend. Were young and money is tight... very tight. Sometimes we can afford to go major food shopping sumetimes we cant. We always have food but sometimes its more of junk food. Now I have a HUGE...

Wieght training [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 going on 15 and around 5'3 or 5'4 and as you can see I am not very tall and I heard that weight training would stunt your growth so I was wondering if you could include information on anything that would give me the same muscle without the damage to my body because my football coach is...

How can I make to pups gain wieght [ 9 Answers ]

OK when I got these babies they where 8 weeks and both wieghing 9kgs they are now 9months an only wieghing 11kgs the amount I feed them would shock you they are on 5 feeds a day and look like they are only 4 months old I feed top quality puppy food raw meat and dog roll along with mashed vegetables...

View more questions Search