Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hudsonbay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Does changing jobs affect getting a mortgage?
    I'm currently working in the customer service field and I will be getting my dental hygiene license and wanted to know if I switch to a job working as a dental hygienist will it affect me trying to get a mortgage in October when I will not have two years on the job history? I was told that it has two be the same job for a consecutive two years in order to qualify for a mortgage? Any knowledge or insight on this subject would be much appreciated!! :p
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 11:18 AM

Changing jobs shouldn't affect your ability to get a mortgage, as long as you can show a continuous wage history.
    Xyzpdq0121 Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Apr 11, 2009, 11:07 PM

It could effect you but I doubt it... I guarantee, they way I see things going in the lending area, they are looking for reasons to turn people and loans down so it would not surprise me if they made it a bit harder for you!
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 11:25 PM

2 years continuous employment history is what's most important but also it should work in your favor that your new job isn't just a "job". Rather more of a long-term career option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

How does death affect mortgage/foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single female with an existing mortgage. If I die before my house can be sold does it automatically revert to the lender? If so, how long after death does the house need to be emptied by my relatives? I live in Florida.

Changing names on a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a joint mortgage with a family member, who has decided that she no-longer wants to be on the mortgage, and wants to change the so that her brother is on the joint mortgage instead. As I am currently preparing to buy my own place, I no-longer want to be on the mortgage either,...

View more questions Search