Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Locked out
    I have a computer tower that a friend gave me and I went into the system restore point and restored it to an earlier setting and now my user name and password are gone so now I have no way of logging into the system to start windows so can anyone help me with an answer to my problem
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 08:30 AM

Get the admin username and password from your friend who gave you the computer.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2009, 12:32 PM
    I'll assume this is an XP machine...

If possible, reboot into safe mode with networking, log into the local installation of XP using the built in Administrator account that's only visible when booting into safe mode. Go to the control panel, find the user account and removal password.

OTHERWISE, download Ophcrack and burn to disk, reboot locked machine with Ophcrack in the CD tray, sit back and watch the magic.

Apr 13, 2009, 01:37 AM
    Windows will not start
    When I turn the power on to my computer I get an error message that says,can not find file (windows\system32\config\system)what is this file and what does it do.so if there is anyone who could help me with this problem on what I need to do to fix it
    ubharedev Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 02:28 AM

Try this link,

Would help you.

Error message WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM on Windows startup - TechSpot OpenBoards
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2009, 11:51 PM

Well it should specify a file .dll or something it is either missing or corrupt. U can repair it with a windows disk. Using recovery console.

May 8, 2009, 02:51 AM
    NTLR is missing
    I've just installed a new hard drive and now my PC says NTLR is missing can somebody tell me what this means and how it can be fixed
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2009, 07:23 AM

You installed a additional hard drive? Or replaced a old 1?

May 8, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Windows boot manager
    I replaced my hard drive and its stuck in windows boot manager and when I restart my PC it will say press any key to boot from cd or dvd so when I press a key it sends me to windows boot manager.also it says windows failed to start,now I do have windows vista but when I put it in it doesn't run ande windows does not start at all please help
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 04:56 PM

Is this a 'blank hard drive' that you put in?

-Is this a second hard drive installed or the only one you are trying to use that is in machine now?

A repair installation should get things back in order if this drive has vista on it already.
    How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

If not and drive is blank, you would need to install Vista
    Same link as above, just hit install instead of the repair option

May 9, 2009, 08:24 AM
    NTLDR is missing
    Could anyone please tell me what NTLDR is missing means because this keeps popping up while I'm trying to reinstall windows vista and when I put the disk in it won't auto play please help.also I've put in a new hard drive that's has no windows
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2009, 08:43 AM

There's a file in the "root" of you boot drive named "NTLDR". Without it, Windows cannot boot. That's what the error message means.

Apparently your computer thinks that you want to boot from your hard drive, but without an operating system, it won't do that. You must boot from the CD that contains the Windows Vista operating system install disk -- not from the hard drive where there is no operating system (yet).

To boot from the CD, most computers will allow you to hit <F11> or sometimes <F12> and occasionally F<10> when the system starts booting. This will present a boot menu. Select the item that corresponds to your CD or DVD reader containing the Vista disk.

If that doesn't work (I think it should), hit <F2> to get into the BIOS. Look for something that says "BOOT". Change the Boot order so that it tries to boot from the CD first. You don't have to change it back once you get Vista loaded. The computer will simply look to the CD/DVD drive and if nothing is there, it will try to boot from the hard drive.

May 11, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Boot setup
    I'm trying to get my PC to boot from my cd rom because I've installed a new hard drive and I've changed my cd rom to first boot but no luck so can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

May 11, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Boot setup
    I've tried to change my first boot to cd or dvd but I'm having no luck on it booting from there please help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I get locked up [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm on probation (intensive) I'm a convicted felon I'm 17 and it seems like I'm in and out of trouble all the time. I made up my mind I was gone do right so I can graduate but last month I was with some females and we stole out of walmart like some dummies and we didn't get locked up but we got...

Locked out [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to check emails but can not get into my email . Tried changing my pass word and it locks me out. What do I do?

Locked out by my ex [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. My ex locked me out of our apartment after a 3 day fight. I came home with the locks changed. I am listed as an occupant on the lease and was not given any written notice. All my furniture is in there. I have reciepts for the furniture with only my name on the bill...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

Locked out [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Maryland, and received a request to vacate a property I rent. I have vacated the property but have left some belongings there, and have not turned the key over to the landlords. I received a notice to appear in court, the date of which has not come. I went to the property to get my...

View more questions Search