Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    107754 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Am I really feeling this
    Since I was a girl, I have always seen, felt and heard things that other people did not. I have had many experiences over the past years. This subject is not a conversation I will have with anyone--most people think you are just silly or a little crazy. For the past several years, I have had the feeling I am being watched. This does not just happen at home, it can be in the car, at Walmart really anywhere--does not happen everyday. I also feel I have been waiting for something, and now I am to the point I am getting sort of desperate( about what I have no idea--just feel like I have somewhere to go, something to do or someone to meet and I have to do it now.) Now sometimes I do not feel alone. ( like in the car it can feel like a presence is in the back seat. Sometimes I feel as though I am sitting in a room with a one way glass and I cannot see what is on the other side, I just feel it. I am not scared, have not been touched or harmed. I am just starting to get a little overwhelmed sometimes. I feel like I am separated from everyone--or different--something like that.
    Am I crazy? I have made an appt with a mental health provider, but I am embarrassed about the entire thing. This is not something I am willing to share face to face.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 06:26 AM
    I am curious as to your age. Also, have there been any drastic changes to your life lately? College, death in the family, etc.
    107754 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 06:31 AM

I am 42 yrs old. No major events in past several years.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Any history of mental illness in the family?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 06:34 AM

You should never be embarrassed to share your problem with a professional counselor.

Believe me ,they have heard it all.

I was in therapy when I was younger and I learned so much and I came to accept myself and my personal life became something I could enjoy instead of something I just coped with.

No one here can ascertain what your mental condition could be with any level of certainty and it would be fool hardy to attempt to give you a diagnosis based on your explanation.

You need to keep that appointment and get rid of this anxious feeling that is plaguing you.You can truly enrich your life by doing so.
    Best of luck!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 107754 View Post
    since I was a girl, I have always seen, felt and heard things that other people did not. I have had many experiences over the past years. This subject is not a conversation I will have with anyone--most people think you are just silly or a little crazy. For the past several years, I have had the feeling I am being watched. This does not just happen at home, it can be in the car, at Walmart really anywhere--does not happen everyday. I also feel I have been waiting for something, and now I am to the point I am getting sorta desperate( about what I have no idea--just feel like I have somewhere to go, something to do or someone to meet and I have to do it now.) Now sometimes I do not feel alone. ( like in the car it can feel like a presence is in the back seat. sometimes I feel as though I am sitting in a room with a one way glass and I cannot see what is on the other side, I just feel it. I am not scared, have not been touched or harmed. I am just starting to get a little overwhelmed sometimes. I feel like I am seperated from everyone--or different--something like that.
    Am I crazy? I have made an appt with a mental health provider, but I am embarassed about the entire thing. This is not something I am willing to share face to face.
    This feeling that you have of being a little overwhelmed, and separated, or different from everyone, is this something that is constantly with you, or is it at certain times; frequently or infrequently.

Are you from a family that has a history of paranormal experiences, or are psychic or gifted?

Are there any other experiences similar to this, or in addition to this, that you have had?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:34 AM

Often, a huge amount of anxiety builds up within a person's psyche and they become hypervigilant.. . that can cause the symptions you describe, it happened to me long ago... and there are other reasons as well for these disturbances, too. Know this-there is no one here at askmehelpdesk qualified to diagnose your condition, girl, we can share our experiences, though. :)

There is medication that can alleviate your symptoms, help you get your perspective and peace back. :)... I would recommend an appointment with a good psychiatrist asap. There is no reason to suffer, and don't let these symptoms become more and more ingrained.

Be sure to have talk therapy so you can share your burdens, thus lessening the pressure on you.

Very best wishes, :)
    Selena_Mist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 03:36 PM
    I don't think you're crazy at all. I have things like this happen too... Only mine is in the form of premonition. I saw when The earthquake in Haiti was going to happen... And I also feel strange presences that others do not. You're not crazy. If your psychic, ghosts are often attracted to those people. They just want help crossing over. Have faith in yourself. And do yourself a favor- if you're not a Christian, become one. It brings an amazing feeling of peace knowing that you have the creator of the world on your side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still Feeling Bad [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I just wanted to talk for a bit. I have been doing so well. I have had NC for a month now. Although it has only been 2 weeks since she tried to contact me last which I didn't reply. I have been dating and trying to keep busy so I can move forward. I am not doing so well again. Not sure...

Feeling fat [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I'm 5'8 and weigh 9 and a half stone, is that right for my height and ever since I've started work I've gain a lot of muscle in my legs and most of my body has toned quite nicely but my stomach hasent can anyone help me do this, its depressing as I constantly think I'm fat and compare myself to...

What is this feeling? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 5 weeks and this is my third. I have this pinching feeling in my vigina. Is this normal? Also everyone says you get tired in early pregnant but I don't feel tired at all. Is this normal?

View more questions Search