Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traptinamaze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 02:27 AM
    Im really depressed and suicidal
    Well I am 18 years old I have done drugs for the past 6 years. I've done everything from meth to heroin. I got clean on nov 26 I am still clean but I am really depressed. I dropped out of school in 8th grade, I have no job, no girl, and literally no friends because I had 2 drop all of them after the drugs. And on top of that I ruined my teeth. I can't afford to fix them and the dentist told me all of them are screwed. I was already self consience before I ruined my teeth so this just tops off everything else. I really think I am going to end it I don't know how much longer I can take this pain someone please help me
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 03:30 AM

First of all I want you to relax for a minute and know that there are answers to your problems.

I want you to write down this number and keep it with you.
    1-800-273-talk... national suicide hotline

I hope you wrote it down.A skilled person is there 24 hours a day seven days a week to help you.Even if you just want to talk.

You have overcome some very difficult things in your life. That shows me that you are strong and that you have the intelligence to handle problems.Even problems that seem overwhelming at the time.

In most towns there is a dental facility that will allow you to pay on a sliding scale.They allow you to pay according to your income.

You also have the option of applying for medicaid which is insurance through the dept.of social services.

Have you tried applying for medicaid? You are old enough to apply on your own.The dept.of social services can also help you to get your G.E.D. and help to find you work.

Drugs have put a mark on your life but they do not have to stop your life.There is help out there for people who need it.

Please contact your nearest dept.of social services and go down there and apply for temporary assistance.They want to help young people be independent and get jobs.

You CAN turn this around,trust me, nothing is that hopeless.

Please get back to me so we can find a plan that will give you your life back.
    I'm here.. Michele
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:54 AM

You are young and can have a good and satisfying life ahead of you if you take the proper path available to you.

I understand about your teeth, my friend. As a senior citizen, I fell into poverty a number of years ago and have not been able to keep up with my dental needs. I was very fussy about me teeth prior to that. :) I was able to get a donation from a group of citizens who aided folks with problems such as these, but now, I have two teeth giving me pain... just have to live with stuff till, and if, help comes. Be strong.

There could be someone, some group out there who would help you, but you can't take painkillers, is my understanding.

Get into a strong 12 Step Program Group for Narcotic addiction would a recommendation. You need friends who aren't on drugs.

In my area, it would be possible to find a place to live for a couple of years so you can learn the skills to live your life in a positive way... help you learn what you didn't when you were on drugs.

I think a residential place like this would be excellent for you to get this support and education you need so very much at this time.

Best wishes, :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 3, 2009, 07:58 PM

I'm very sorry I missed this question from the start. Trapedinamaze, please come back and talk to us. There are steps you can take to recover your life. Ending it is NO SOLUTION. I know you are in pain, but there are people who will help you. We will help you as much as we can.

I commend you greatly for being able to get off the drugs. This shows that you are strong! Don't let all of your hard work go to waste honey. Keep reaching out to people. You'd be surprised at the number of people who will help you to stay clean and sober, and will help you continue on your path to recovery. If you show people that you are at least trying to better yourself, people WILL step up and help.

You've come this far. Don't let this set you back. You are a valuable person, and you just got caught up in the wrong lifestyle. It's not too late to change that.

Artlady gave you some very good suggestions. I hope you take advantage of them. We are here for you whenever you need to talk. Please don't get dissmayed if someone doesn't answer immediately. We are on different schedules here, but we will answer as soon as we see that you want to talk.

Please come back and talk to us and let us know that you are okay!
    narcisa_ugw95 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2009, 12:14 AM

Getting recovery from drugs iss very hard to do it's a good thing you did it sooner then later. As for your teeth they don't define who you are and you can save up and fix them if your that bothered about it XD. Maybe if you join a support group you can meet people like you and make good friends. I ope you feel better soon
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 10:46 AM

Hi traptinamaze...

Please come back to us... let us know how you are doing.

We are all your friends who want to know that you are OK.. maybe you have taken some of the advice given, which was very good, I hope so and your doing well.

Come back to us if you can if only to say hi I'm fine...

Takecare
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 11:42 AM

Please and I will beg over and over don't take your life! I had a brother take his own life back in 1991. I haven't gone a day since and not thought of him. I don't want to be rude. I have gone through a wide range of emotions since his death. You suffer the loss, and wondering why and now my state of mind is he was a coward. That's not an easy way out. He left a 2 and 4 year old daughters to be raised now by someone else they call daddy. I was just at one of there weddings and watched my niece dance the father daughter dance and it broke my heart. That shoud have been my brother with her. He was a coward and didn't face what life dealt him so he chose the easy way out and left us all behind to pick up his pieces and suffering. All you have to do it ask, ask anyone! It doesn't matter who. Please. Your life is worth everything to someone out there. One step at a time and each road your face with can be traveled and conquered successfully. No matter what you do stay alive and breathing and remember now we care. We are all here and care about you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Anyone hear from this person again? Makes me really worried.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 14, 2009, 01:01 PM

It makes me very worried too. I wish he would just come back just to say that he is still here and let us help him.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:04 PM
    I know. That's how I feel.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Thank you artlady.
    When people talk suicide I get sooooo furious. With having the loss of my brother due to suicide it hits home. Its such a cowardly way out. Then now I sit and wonder how this kid is. I once worked with a man who said he thought of it every day. Let me tell you, I gave him a word or two. He is still alive today. It ends there pain but causes a lifetime of pain for everyone else. How selfish.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Thank you artlady.
    When people talk suicide I get sooooo furious. With having the loss of my brother due to suicide it hits home. Its such a cowardly way out. Then now I sit and wonder how this kid is. I once worked with a man who said he thought of it every day. Let me tell you, I gave him a word or two. He is still alive today. It ends there pain but causes a lifetime of pain for everyone else. How selfish.
    It is.I tried once and I mean really tried and it was kind of a miracle that it didn't work but I learned so much and I would never try again!
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Well I am glad it didn't work out. You seem to have so much to offer on here with your comments. You worked it out and now things are better hopefully. In the ends its not worth it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Well I am glad it didnt work out. You seem to have so much to offer on here with your comments. You worked it out and now things are better hopefully. In the ends its not worth it.
    Yup,its all good! This was many years ago and I guess sometimes you really do have to go down as low as you can before you can see the light again.Take care.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:41 AM

Hi, traptinamaze!

I too, hope that you return to here! I do have an activity that I like to do with people here that might help you to feel better about yourself.

Thanks!
    blueeyeddevil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
    I know how you feel I am often suicidal and don't go threw with it because of my kids. I suffer from anxiety, bi polar and depression. I get to the point I don't care about what people think because they don't care about me. I just want to die my kids can find good homes. So what I am telling you is this. If you ever ever feel that way please call someone who can relate with you and can help you get out of that feeling. I know when you talk to someone and they listen to you you will come back up and feel better.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 12:20 AM
    To anyone who continues to post on this thread...

It's now an old and archived thread to which the original poster has never responded and also hasn't returned to post anything on the site in over a year. It's not generally visible, unless someone visits the forum topic where it's located, or is notified that there's activity on it because they've already posted on the thread.

If you have a new question, or would like to comment about an issue, it would be best that you start a new thread so that what you post will be noticed the most.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I depressed/suicidal? [ 4 Answers ]

All I do everyday is sit at home and sleep and eat. I dropped out of school, I am only 15 years old. My mom has ruined my life and I can't let that go. Everyday I listen to sad music Make new scars in my skin every once in a while. I think about killing myself. Like laying on top of a metal...

How do you know if you are depressed/suicidal? [ 24 Answers ]

I sleep a lot, I don't call friends back most of the time, I hate how I look, who I am, etc... This sounds stupid but I have planned how I'm going to die. Either in war or at age 60 by heart failure . Im not sure if this is depression or suicidal, or neither? How do you know? I never cry...

Suicidal ? [ 19 Answers ]

Just yesterday a 21 year old young man jumped off a building and died in my community. I remember when I was in Middle or even High school, suicides were rare and it used to shock us to hear about such an incident. Recently I have noticed that the statistics of suicides seems to be on the...

Severely depressed and borderline suicidal [ 22 Answers ]

I've had a horrible life, and I know because a lot of things confirm it, it would take too long to list the horrible things or things of confirmation. I'm severely depressed, and not far at all from killing myself. I feel like I need a relationship to survive, and every time I put myself out...

View more questions Search