Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marina814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Can a new shower use the toilet stack to drain?
    Hello!

Your website is wonderful... it makes me believe that you may have the answer to a question that six plumbers in Los Angeles couldn't. I have a guest bath in my condo that I would like to install a shower in. My hot water heater is located in the bathroom, in a 3 x 3.5 foot closet. Ultimately I would like to buy a tankless hot water heater, get rid of the big tank, and replace it with a shower. The shower would have to drain into the toilet stack, and the pipes will have to be above the floor line because of my buildings rule on not cutting into the concrete floor.

Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2009, 03:15 AM
    Marina,
    You ask,
    Can a new shower use the toilet stack to drain?
    You may platform the shower and discharge it back into the toilet stack. However the shower will have to be vented. How far from the toilet stack will the shower be? Milo can tell you more about UPC then I. He works under the UPC and has the latest updates. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting a shower drain to a toilet drain [ 1 Answers ]

How do I convert a shower drain in a basement to a toilet drain?

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

Connecting shower drain to toilet drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am just beginning to do some renos to my basement. I am installing a shower in a bathroom that currently only has just a sink and a toilet. I am trashing the toilet and sink and putting in new ones. This is a concrete basement. How do I connect the shower drain to the toilet drain? Is there...

Add a shower drain under a toilet ? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a toilet installed on our cement basement floor . Can I add an adapter to raise up The toilet so that I can hook up to a shower drain??

View more questions Search