Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidmkat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Why the difference in price for the same unit?
    I have 3 bids for trane, which I will probably take, but these range from $3700 to $7000. These are both 13 seer, 5 ton units, including all warranties, pan, all the same. Why the huge difference?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 09:48 AM
    You need to ask the people that gave you the prices
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 31, 2009, 09:51 AM

Yes, I would ask for a bid breakdown, maybe installation costs?
    Sticky Sam Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Mar 31, 2009, 08:23 PM
    I had a Trane furnace and aircon fitted a couple of years back. I gave four supplies the same equipment details, the total price ranged from $5800 to $7500. However be careful, I have heard of heating engineers agreeing to fit a certain furnace then fitting a different one without telling the home owner. When mine was fitted, I asked many times for a breakdown on parts and labour, I never got it.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Mar 31, 2009, 10:05 PM

Here is what you do: Get those 4 bids for Trane. Go over them real closely. Inspect and scrutinize every item on that bid sheet. Once you do that take all 4 bids and throw them in freaking garbage.

There are better options on the market that will save you some decent coin... both now and w/ future repair costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unit sales price [ 2 Answers ]

how can I calculate the unit sales price and the unit contribution margin if I am given only the fixed costs(660,000), variable cost(24 per unit), and contribution margin ratio (40%)?

Price check on Luxaire 3 ton 14 SEER AC/Heat Unit [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone shed any light on the Luxaire 3 ton 14 SEER unit as to dependability. Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Also what is a good price range for this unit.

Sales Price per unit, contribution margin ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with finding a sales price per unit.

View more questions Search