Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcrcagot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 02:21 PM
    lithographs,commissioned or regular
    I wanted to know if there a difference,if any,between the value of a lithograph print,when one is a regular one and one was specially commissioned later on after a run was closed?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 01:44 AM

Hi, jcrcagot!

Are you talking about a lithograph print of the same subject as was that which was done on the first run?

If a lithograph is commissioned and has the same subject and production quality as that which was first run, then it could potentially have the same monetary value as the first ones.

However, many secondary runs of the works don't have the same quality as the first ones due to how they are produced. The colors frequently are different as well as the material used for the second ones.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J. Marion Lithographs [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 lithographs by J. Marion. They are numbered 3003,3004. The lithographs depict two women standing by a river with sailboats on the water. They were published by Scara-Tornabene Art Co. Inc. West Nyack, NY. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Rich

Not the regular Relationship. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a 14-year-old guy, and there's this girl I met one day, whom I made friends with, and grew very fond of; Now I want to take the next step. BUT I DON"T KNOW HOW! The good: SHE used call ME really often, the "I'm bored, lets talk" Kinda things... She trusts me quite a bit 'n even gave me...

Regular outlet [ 2 Answers ]

Can an outlet go bad just a regular outlet the reason I'm asking is the I plugged in my miter saw in the garage and I heard a weird sound and off it went checked the breaker the breaker works but never tripped off, plus now I don't have any light in the Hallway and the outside post, probably all...

Regular period? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for all who go to this site I had my last periods on July 30 and my periods are not due until 28 to 30 me and hubby has been trying to get a baby and finally this month I got bleeding at 24 which was very different from the usual kind of periods and a mild discomfort I just wanted...

View more questions Search