Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gl09nnwe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Noisy Dryer
    We have a Fridigaire Electric dryer Model FDE336RES1. It recently started making a loud metal on metal scraping noise intermittantly. Especially with a large load. What parts would you suggest replacing? The front felt and rear bearing? Thanks.
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2009, 01:10 PM

Rear drum bearing assembly sounds like it is shot. You will start to see scraps all the front edge of the drum as is sags hitting the front the of the dryer front panel. Really the only cause of this problem. Not expensive probably $25 for the bearing assembly...
    Bill
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 30, 2009, 01:29 PM

I had this same problem and had the bearing replaced professionally, it cost me $75 with parts and took him about an hour. He told me on the phone it was the drum bearing or the rollers, and he knew it was the bearing as soon as he turned it on.
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2009, 01:40 PM

IF you are mechanically inclined or know of someone you can give a case of beer to the parts are only like $22 on this website I found then you can save yourself some money.. IF you call a local appliance parts place, the prices are usually comparable.
    Sometimes it just best to just have a pro do it, $75 isn't bad considering the parts are probably $30 give or take $5, is it worth $50 or so doing it yourself that's a personal preference? Usually these jobs can go either way they can be simple or they can turn into purchasing new dryers as the old one ends up through the front window... lol
    Frigidaire FDE336RES1 Parts List

Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noisy GE Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer has been making loud droning noise. It is not squeaky. It works fine but the noise is out of control. I have taken apart the dryer, cleaned it out etc but have not replaced any parts. All parts look pretty good, but he noise won't stop. Any suggestions? I am going crazy and really just...

My noisy dryer squeaks. How do I fix it? [ 1 Answers ]

Bosch mod # wtmc3300 squeaks very loud when running on heat cycle. I can not find answer anywhere.

Noisy Clothes Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Gas dryer that makes a wobbly noise when it is started. Then as it runs it sounds as if the drum is rotating unevenly. I just replaced the drum belt in 2007 and it seems to be fine (looked at it this afternoon).

View more questions Search