Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harriet-Jayne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Im getting my tongue done and I'm nervous can anyone reassure me?
    Im sick of reading people moaning about tongue piercings. I know the risks so can someone make me feel better and tell me what's good about them? I'm 16 and have had my lip done twice already, I can cope with the pain.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 11:51 AM
    There is nothing good about a 16 year old with a tongue ring.

I was 16 once and the girls that got those were pretty trashy. I understand that not everyone with piercings are trashy- I like piercings, they are a great way of expressing ones self. However, I believe some piercings should be left for adults.

P.S. Are your parents/guardians actually allowing you to get a tongue ring?

I really hope I'm not the only adult here questioning this. eesh
    MRS.S
    Harriet-Jayne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    There is nothing good about a 16 year old with a tounge ring.

I was 16 once and the girls that got those were pretty trashy. I understand that not everyone with piercings are trashy- I like piercings, they are a great way of expressing ones self. However, I believe some piercings should be left for adults.

P.S. Are your parents/guardians actually allowing you to get a tounge ring?

I really hope I'm not the only adult here questioning this. eesh
    MRS.S

Yes my parent is allowing me to get this done, I'm not some immature little bratt believe it or not. I have the right to express myself in my own way and I didn't ask for your opinion on my parents view, I asked to talk about the piercing in general
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet-Jayne View Post
    Yes my parent is allowing me to get this done, im not some immature little bratt believe it or not. I have the right to express myself in my own way and i didn't ask for ur opinion on my parents view, i asked to talk about the piercing in general
    Slow down. I never called you a brat nor was I insinuating that you were immature.

You asked "...I know the risks so can someone make me feel better and tell me whats good about them?" and I responded by telling you that there is nothing good about tongue rings when it comes to 16 year olds, or just anyone that is not an adult.

I believe you are mature, to a point. You are still a teenager and from your response, you still act like one.

Tongue rings may be an "expression" but every man out there believes otherwise, this is when an adult decision comes to play. I am in awe that your parents allowed this but then again they are your parents.

I don't know if your looking for approval by posting this thread, acceptance or another teen to tell you "that's so cool". However this site is complied with adults that really have the best interest of others [at least I'd hope so] and when it comes to questions like these someone usually questions the thread.

Well good luck to you!
    MRS.S
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 12:39 PM

lets put it this way, when I see oe in anyone's mouth... I think oral sex. Period. Not self expression
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 30, 2009, 01:20 PM

It's your face so do what you want with it, you have your lip done twice already so you might as well do the tongue too. My question for you would be what do you think is good about them and why do you want it? I personally don't see anything good about them to answer your question. Yea, yea, it's a sex thing, I saw Pulp Fiction and agree with Vincent Vega, she looked like a freak with all that s**t in her face.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue ring digging into my tongue. [ 5 Answers ]

So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago; It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down The top ball started digging into my tongue. I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one After the swelling goes down so I did. But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of...

Tongue barbell sinking into tongue [ 11 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced just over 2 days ago and the woman who pierced it used a relatively short barbell. I trusted her judgement because she said she had been doing piercings for many years. I was happy that I could eat and talk pretty easily but the next morning it began to swell. Now, the top...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Being nervous! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile but wanted to get some advice from all the good people on here. Anyway, I had a quick question. For some reason every time I talk to my ex girlfriend I get really nervous and have to struggle just to talk normal. Most of the time I can cut up and be goofy but it...

View more questions Search