Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Mar 30, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Tilapia recipes?
    Anyone have any good tilapia recipes? Preferably something grilled or broiled, nothing fried please. Thanks
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 30, 2009, 10:34 AM

I know you are on here looking for delicious recipes and I do have one for you. Just wondering if you heard all the latest concerns about tilapia containing as much Omega 6 as a doughnut and being really bad for you?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 30, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Ingredients:

1 Tilapia Fillet (or other whitefish) grilled
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    Salt & pepper, to taste

Mango Salsa
    White rice
    Vegetable Medley

Mango Salsa
    1 cup diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup diced red onions
    1/2 each diced jalapeņo
    2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon salad oil
    1 teaspoon white vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/2 cup chopped mango

Preparation:

Tilapia Fillet:
    Spray both sides of the tilapia with Pam Oil Spray.
    Shake seasoning (salt, pepper, cayenne pepper) over both sides of the tilapia.
    Place tilapia on a clean, lightly oiled grill, smooth side down. Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees, turning once during cooking.

Cook rice
    Steam fresh vegetable medley (use no butter) season with lemon pepper.

Mango Salsa:
    Place all ingredients together in a bowl with the exception of the mango, and mix.
    Add the mango and gently mix right before serving.

To serve: Place a portion of white rice on a platter. Place the tilapia on the bed of rice. Pour 2 tablespoons of the mango salsa over the tilapia.
    Add the vegetable medley.
    Garnish with kale and a fresh lemon wedge.
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Apr 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
    I eat a lot of Tilapia I would be interested in the info regarding the Omega 6.

As far as recipes I have found some great ones on line that I have used.
    I prefer simple and easy ones for the most part. I do sometimes try soemthing more involved. I included one of each below a simple and a more involved one.

In all honesty I like buying some of the grinders seasonings that they sell and use them and grill it.
    I actually have a Chicken seasoning grinder one that has Lemon and other seasonings in it and it tastes great on fish as well as the intended chicken.

Anyway here are a couple good ones I have used and love.

Herb Baked Tilapia
    Takes approx 15 minutes to complete

1 pound frozen fish fillets, partially thawed
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
    Dash pepper
    1/4 cup corn flakes, crumbled
    Preparation:
    Place fillets in greased baking dish. Cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in seasonings, cook 1 minute longer. Spread mixture over the fish fillets. Top with cornflake crumbs. Bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
    Baked fish recipe serves 4.

Baked Tilapia in Parchment
    takes 30 to 60 minutes

4 fish fillets
    4 sheets parchment paper
    Olive oil
    8 sun-dried tomatoes
    4 teaspoons garlic and/or scallions
    Fresh ginger -- optional
    Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 425F. Put the dried tomatoes in very hot water.

Wash the fillets off and put aside. Take a piece of parchment paper, fold in half and place open on the counter top. Spread a little oil (1-2 teaspoons) on one side, near the crease, in a spot big enough to cover the fish. Place one fillet on this spot of olive oil.

Chop up the scallions very fine and put about 1 tablespoon on the fish (or about one clove of garlic finely chopped). Coarsely chop the tomatoes and put about 2 tomatoes on the fillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you have some ginger, chop it up and sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon on the fillet.

Fold up the parchment around the fish, crimping along the edge. Place on the cookie sheet when done. Repeat for other fillet/s.

Place cookie sheet/s in the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the parchment is golden brown. Carefully open the parchment to serve.

As I said I found these online and have oodles more if you try a search on recipes.com
    They offer feedback on the recipes as do other sites.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone with a great Turkey Recipe? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey guys I want to make a turkey this year but I don't know what kind of recipe to go with.. I'd love to hear all of your ideas... And I would love to know how to make a more moist turkey... I don't really like turkey b.c its soooo DRY..

Breadmaker Recipes [ 3 Answers ]

My son gave us a breadmaker a couple of years ago. Does anyone have any good bread recipes to share? I have tried some of the ones in the book that came with the breadmaker but haven't really been thrilled.:(

Help me with recipes [ 11 Answers ]

I've got this problem, my dad moved out of the house, and he doesn't know how to cook, so he asked me to teach him some basic stuff about cooking and some easy recipes, could you help me find them ?

Crock Pot Recipes [ 23 Answers ]

Hey everyone I was given a crock pot and I'm just so curious to use it.. I've never used 1 before but now is the time. Can you guys recommend any good pot roast recipes or any good crock pot recipes... Thanks

Veggie recipes [ 4 Answers ]

I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5...

View more questions Search