Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Csrcs.exe error on comp booting
    I used free AVG in my laptop, found three threats. And healed.
    Now I am facing the problem that when I start my computer a message " csrcs.exe" can not find the correct file or path. Please go to START button and then SEARCH.
    I have tried many ways. But failed to remove this message.
    Q1. What is this ?
    Q2. How could it come?
    Q3. How can I remove this?
    Q4. I am doing work by cliking"OK" on that msz, however I am not sure what can cause my computer harm?
    Please help me.
    By the way I use"RUN" CCleaner but in vein.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 10:30 AM

Here are some steps to manually remove this, any questions with steps if not familiar, post back and will help out

csrcs.exe virus remove manually

1. Go to Task manager and stop csrcs.exe Process ( csrss.exe is windows Process )

2. Go Command Prompt and go to system32 folder and change attrib -r -s -h csrcs*.*

3. Delete all csrcs*.* including dll and exe

4. run regedit and find entry for csrcs. Mostly it will find two entry. Delete them.( Pl be careful while edit registry)
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Apr 1, 2009, 03:44 PM

Using Internet Explorer, go to:

Free Virus Scan - Free Antivirus Software | Norton Security Scan

Click "Continue to Symantec Security Check", in the next window click No when asked if you want to close this window, that will bring you to a window where you should click Virus Detection.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: : and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually. Make sure that you follow the instructions for removal, step by step, especially the part regarding disabling System Restore.

I would also suggest downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.35 from:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Csrcs.exe missing error at startup [ 17 Answers ]

Hello When I was checked the windows xp operating system for viruses through avg free edition it says the c:\windows\system32\csrcs.exe file is infected with worm/autoit.dja and the same have been removed from system.After rebooting the system csrcs.exe file missing error is coming in the...

Csrcs.exe error [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:Every time i start the computer it gives me an error message. "Cannot find the file 'csrcs.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and the filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. " Can anyone tell me how to fix this error? Thanks.

Market structure: Perfect comp, monopolistic comp, oligopoly and monopoly [ 1 Answers ]

Market structure: Perfect comp, monopolistic comp (imperfect comp), oligopoly and monopoly. What elements of market structure really matters? What are the elements suggested by the 2 extreem (perfect comp and monopoly) and the 2 intermediate (monopolistic comp and oligopoly) that really matter?

Disk Read Error when booting up [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older computer I have been playing with and had some troubles with it and finally had gotten that fixed, or so I thought. That was about 3 weeks or so ago and you can read about it here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/desktops/compaq-windows-xp-60gb-256kb-not-booting-169976.html ...

USB Booting? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be able to boot from a USB drive and my bios doesn't support booting from USB devices, so I was wondering if a dos based boot cd(cause my machine doesn't have a floppy drive) to re-route the boot from the USB device, and if so... can somebody show me how to create one. I already know how...

View more questions Search