Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    X-PJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
    Mower won't stay running
    My mother inlaw has a JD riding mower that's about 8 yrs old and has been in the weather for about the last 6 mnths, and it won't stay running unless I put the booster cables on it and jump it from my truck. It will run as long as they are hooked up but the moment I disconnect them it [the mower]dies.Is this a battery or charging system failure? I have used a trickle charger to charge the batt. But I have the same outcome.Thanks for your help.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Replace the battery, It right now just sounds like a lifeless battery.
    lawntech Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 05:39 PM
    The thebriggsdude is right. Go to walmart and buy a lawn mower battery for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Weedeater won't stay running [ 5 Answers ]

I have a convertible craftsman weedeater that has run like a champ - until now! I can get it to run briefly, a few minutes at most, then it dies and will not restart. After reading some similar posts I am beginning to suspect either an in tank filter or the inlet filter on the card Sound...

Mower won't stay running [ 3 Answers ]

Mower starts but dies in 2 secs. With the air cleaner off I can keep it running by choking it with my hand. Newer briggs 6 hp. Any thoughts please!

Can't keep mower running [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I have a murry(briggs and stratton) walk behind lawn mower 5.0 HP and am having trouble keeping the thing running. I start it up and it stalls after about a minute of mowing. I tried starting it on a flat concrete surface and it ran for a minute or two then stalled again. ...

Lawn mower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 yo Boland 4.5hp push mower. It's the cheapy. I changed the plug and it ran fine, cut the yard. The second cutting, it ran out of gas, I filled it, started it, and after 5 min it cut out and died. I ended up removing the top end cover, and cleaned all the grass and what not out. Put it...

Furnace Blower won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not staying on. I can set my thermostat for say 74 degrees and the furnace will come on normally. I can hear and see the furnace on, but it takes roughly one minute (ive timed it) before the blower comes on. I know the minute delay is pretty normal;...

View more questions Search